• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of the use of CGI in the show?

What do you think of the CGI?

• I like it.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • My last thread was a failure. Hope this one isn't.

I remember this being asked last year, or maybe I'm just making stuff up (again), but I imagine that it went well.

So what do you think of scenes, attacks, and the other things that are made of CGI? Like Water Gun or Swift or rock Climb? Do they look tacky and out of place or do you like the way they're included?

I personally don't like it but who am I really?

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I find the CGI is very distractive because of all the flashing lights and colourful backgrounds. honestly, I would rather do without, because in Kanto (before CGI), they didn't use CGI and it was easier to see the effect on the Pokemon (injured and stunned, eg) and the trees in the background, and those little things made Pokemon more realistic

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I do not mind. The animation in the show is not so great to begin with.

Years
  • I think it's unneeded and out-of-place, especially on a show with such a relatively low quality of animation to begin with. Water could be nice if it was done a little more subtly, but Swift just looks ridiculous.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I think it looks pretty sad. It doesn't fit with the majority of the artwork and thus is more distracting than interesting.

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
  • Yeah the effects are very out of place, I mean look at Pokemon Movie 13 when Giratina was fighting Dialga there were shaking trees that they tried to make realistic but they ended up looking hilarious.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I dont notice it much. I noticed it alot in battle frontier though!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    ^ I think Battle Frontier was where they started the CGI. Along with the new clouds. Haha.

It looks pretty horrible, really. Especially Swift. Especially the 9th movie. The only episode I remember where it looked good was the DP episode about Unown, when Dawn was running around on the stairs.

Years
  • I do not mind. The animation in the show is not so great to begin with.

Essentially my reasoning. If I had set a higher standard for the show, then, yes, I'd be disappointed. On the other hand, I'd prefer that than what happened with Kirby as it was a bizarre mix of both styles, and it didn't work, at all.

It isn't just on Pokemon, as even American shows had their problems mixing the two. (94 Spider-Man, anyone?)

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I don't like it. It looks awful. New clouds started in Battle Frontier were ugly, now it's a little better.

Back