• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

disowned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
  • has anyone ever disowned you? a family member or friend? and if you feel like sharing why?
    my grandfather recently decided that i was no longer part of his family. because i told him that he needs to not force my dad to do what he wanted him to, that he needs to butt out.
    so has anything like this ever happened to anyone else?

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
  • Umm, nope, but my dad has put one of his sisters out of his life completely. :I

he has about 5 or 6 sisters (?) and they got into a fight once when I was little, and he didn't talk to about.. half of them. but now he's talking to all of them but one of his sisters. :I I never got to see most of my family on my dad's side because of this.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Nope, all of my familial relations are in good shape. XD

I do have a flamboyantly gay cousin who more or less disowned the entire family a couple years back (because we're all strong Catholics) when he moved across the country with his boyfriend. not even his mom hears from him anymore. >_<

MarioRocks08

No Longer Using This Account
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I disowned my mom and stepdad because they are both alcoholics. They mean nothing to me and all they do is get drunk and tear me apart verbally. I don't need them in my life.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've been on both sides of disowned situations with different friends. Most recent one was in December, when three of my friends teamed up with each other and pushed me out of their life. Hilarity on Facebook ensued with status updates and we went back to talking to each other within the month. I tried to get rid of one of my friends after he became really, really irritating but that self-destructed and we chill together from time to time.

With family, I came close three years ago, when my dad caught me talking to an online friend at 4AM on my computer, which wasn't meant to have Internet access. I got treated like an outcast for several days, got my computer taken away from me and... yeah. Those were not happy days.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I disowned a person who used to be my friend. He joined a gang and actually killed someone. After I told him I never wanted to see him again.

And then one of my friends disowned me because I became to nice in his opnion :/

Last edited:

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
  • No, I haven't been disowned. My friend has disowned his brother, in a sense. Of course, his family still let his brother stay at the house, but whenever he is my friend comes to stay at my house, or someone elses. He refuses to be around him. In a sense the guy has also disowned his father, 'cause they really don't get along.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    Mmm atleast you have a grandfather.

And..My mother kind of disowned her sister (My auntie) for a number of years. Get on well now though

And my dad and his two brothers didnt talk to their dad (My other grandfather) until my mum convinced my dad to, and now they all get on well. But that was 18-20 years of seperation?

Then parents got divorced, but still.. -_-

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i think it's silly when parents "disown" their kids. parents are here to guide their children, virtually removing their children from their lives doesn't solve anything u__u

i don't really acknowledge my family (aside from my mom), and they don't acknowledge me, and i'm pretty content with that whole situation. as for deliberately choosing not to communicate with them, most of them are plain scum, but it's been so long i really wouldn't mind catching up.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Did anyone realize this thread is almost four months old?
    Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back