• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: A "Quoted" notification system.

Years
  • I've seen other forums running something like this, I'll put one up just for reference.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/

How it works is it's a lot like a thread subscription system, except it gives you a notification that you have been quoted.

Makes it a lot easier to see who's trying to talk to you in what thread, imo.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • It's not really useful, IMO.
    As it is now, you can always subscribe to a thread you want to keep track on, and if you want to be left out you just don't subscribe. Someone quoting you doesn't make any difference, unless you just have an ego and want to see everything that others say related to your posts. If you really are interested about a thread, you simply subscribe.
    Just a waste of time, really. Sorry, but that's how I think. :/

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Haha, I made a thread asking EXACTLY the same thing. Many people were against it, cause of reasons like Chibi-chat, where they get quoted a lot. Would be hell to log in after a while. xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    For lack of this feature, I keep tabs open of threads I have posted something in that may recieve a reply. Tell your browser, if it can, to remember all the tabs upon being closed so that it will reload them all when opened again. I use Opera which can do this, but I don't know (and doubt) many other browsers can.

Maybe that's useful knowledge for someone else, since the notion of this feature has been brought up a number of times before and not passed. I'm not sure why though, it's not like people will be forced to have it turned on... might be a server load thing.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    This has been suggested so many times, it's starting to make slogan suggestions old school.

But, as I have said, this should probably be a good idea. Let's all be honest, sometimes we feel like having an enlarged ego on Sundays for absolutely no reason :P

Back