• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Iphone, ipod, ipad?

Years
  • So is anyone planning on getting an ipad or have an iphone or ipod

Does anyone thing the ipad is pointless?

Discuss:

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    iPad is pretty pointless. Overpriced, no flash, usb, or multi-tasking. Why not just get a netbook or a tablet PC?

I have an iPod Touch, and it does what it does, nothing too special, I guess. I find it funny that Apple thinks that and their other touch stuff can be better then a DS or PSP in terms of handheld gaming.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    ^ he's got a point..

i think its completely useless. Its not even portable like a Ipod Touch o_o
    i wouldnt want to be walking around with that thing. i'd probably just use my money to buy a tablet xD

Years
  • "Just what it says. You can talk about anything here so long as you follow the rules. You'll find the latest and greatest here as well as general conversations."

Your not an mod dont try and pretend to be one.

And you're not one either son =/

Anyways, I have an iPhone, and seriously, best phone ever. Though, I agree, the iPad is pretty pointless.

Years
  • And you're not one either son =/

Anyways, I have an iPhone, and seriously, best phone ever. Though, I agree, the iPad is pretty pointless.

I know im just sticking up for my thread

I couldnt afford an iphone so i had to buy a sciphone instead lol.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • Am I really the only one who thinks the iPad is actually useful?

Sure, its a giant iPod Touch, but I like that. I want my iPod Touch to be that size, to view videos, the internet, hell, even eBooks.

The problem is, people are trying to make it a comparison to a tablet. Its not. Its not Apple's new tablet. Its Apple's eReader. Think about the Amazon Kindle. It reads books. $430. The iPad does that and everything the iPod Touch does, for only $70 more. :D

Plus, have you seen the iWork interface for the iPad? Its amazing! [that's basically Word, Powerpoint, and Excel] And that's what people really wanted from it, and Apple gave it.

Now of course there are flaws. The biggest of which are the lack of a camera, the lack of USB, and the lack of Flash. But otherwise, I think its a really good innovation for Apple. Plus, the touch screen is alot better than the iPod Touch.

:/

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I've gone through my fair share of iPods in the past...the one I have now is a 2 year old 3G Nano and I rarely ever use it.
    As great as the iPhone is, it honestly has way too much stuff on it for me. I really only text and my Nokia does that just fine...heck, the LG phone I had for over three years worked fine too, until it died. I've also heard that AT&T's service is terrible, and the idea of being stuck to one service isn't exactly my cup of tea.
    The iPad seems really cool, though. I could see using it for school purposes and to watch movies when I'm bored, but I'm not going to scramble to get one for a long time, if at all.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Probably none of them.

I don't need a phone that has an app for that.

I don't need a music player that is $500

I don't need a square that lights up that you can touch.

I'm happy with my Vista, my MP3 Player and my Verizon Wireless LG Dare.

Last edited:

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • just about everything apple sells is overpriced or overrated. you could find a mp3 player for easily $100 less than ipods, the only reason apple charges so much for their products is their customer service which is excellent btw but for electronics, unless you are clumsy and break stuff easily, go for something else

PSI-Claus

The Devil itself
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't need a fancy device to listen to music. My mp3 player is enough. Besides, my music library is just about 130-ish. Enough for a 2GB mp3 player.

Aero Blitz

Faster Than Sceptile
    Years
  • I find the iPad to be a waste of money, for the same price I'd rather buy a netbook, where you can multi-task, and actually have USB ports.

As for me, I have an iPod Nano 5g.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • lol someone magically moved this thread. :D

Okay, the iPad doesn't look that bad. Sure it looks like an iPhone, but it looks like I would use it at home than on-the-go. So it may be my iPhone for home. :D

reyzn

Years
  • I don't think I'll ever get the iPad, like many have said before it's expensive, doesn't have USB ports and it just looks awkward to me. The only apple thing I have is my iPod lol, and mine is extremely outdated.
    I would consider getting an iPhone because I'm really interested in the apps.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I have an ipod, i guess i somewhat like it.

OMG an Ipad? a freaking huge ipod xD

Maybe i'll get one when
    -More cheap
    -When its really outdated xD
    (when theres a touch screen hologram computer. lol!)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I have a pink, 4GB iPod from four years ago :] and I still can't manage to fill it up past 1GB. There's absolutely no good songs out there; it's all trash, sex-related stuff with a lot of cussing and sexual themes. Gross.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    I have a G1 iPod Touch and an iPhone 3G

I still use my iPod as that holds all my music whilst my phone has all my apps, however my phone is getting slow and tired and I cannot afford to go onto the next iPhone that comes out so am looking at a HTC Desire, which at the moment is pretty much of the best phones (specs wise) on the market and for £15 a month I can live with it.

I like the iPad a lot but cannot justify needing one, I already have a laptop and desktop which can do more than the iPad, the nice thing with the iPad would be being able to browse the web downstairs without worrying its going to die any second, like I have to with my laptop (3 hours on the power saving setting) and when I'm not using it have it charging but also a digital photo frame, but thats about it, no point.

Engadget had an article on the iPad being quite good for work, but only small things like doing a quick survey with people and using iWork to jot it all down in a spreadsheet but they wouldn't do it for a massive spreadsheet when they do huge number crunching for example modelling a possible business idea.

I can kinda see workers in the future using one with in house apps with the 3G models taking down data and transferring it almost instantly but $529ish for a 3G model for one person and then $299 per year for the ability of the in house apps, seems to pricey at the moment.

Apple do well in making you want something even if you don't need it but this time it hasn't worked properly on me, see what they do next year with the iPad G2

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • Apple products are overrated IMO. I don't know about the Mac computers, but I have an iPhone 3G and it's not as great as people say it is.

I also have an iPod shuffle because I like small things that you can take around with you, and it's good.

Back