• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anybody care about introductions?

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    I honestly don't see much of the point to having an introductory thread amongst a thousand others, but if nothing else maybe this can serve as a good place to ask directions!

I don't recall when I found it, but I came across this forum a few months back while looking up information on if Sinnoh had been mapped out yet in its entirety, or if someone was working on doing so. You see, I'm part of a small group that's working on the project of recreating the regions in a game in full 3D, and having those Sinnoh maps to work off, while not requiring them just yet, is something we will going to need!

The results I had found were in some threads in the emulation forum, where I found in the HGSS discussion thread some AR codes posted for camera manipulation in DPPt. Using that, recently I've started mapping out Sinnoh myself screenshot by screenshot; so far, I've got all of West Sinnoh mapped and HeartHome through Celestic Town mapped out. (I'm currently looking for possibly an AR code that would manipulate the overworld weather... that rain, over the entire route, would be wicked nasty to get rid of :s)

...Otherwise, I'm a veteran Pokemon fan whose roots stem from Blue version. I play casual competitive - I enjoy reading the competitive articles on Smogon and thinking of what sets I might use or what team I might build, but at the end of the day, I'm not hardcore enough to spend a lot of time battling on Shoddy and I'm too lazy to see an entire team's worth of breeding through in-game.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • Wait, introduction threads are pointless? You're onto us...

Anyways, I have no clue where you're going to find help with your project there, but like you've already have been doing, the Emulation and other game-making sections might be able to help you. Good luck!

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Well, there is some point to a few of them. As in they ask questions they need to know the answers to and older members viewing them can answer them and other reasons I don't care to mention.
    Anyways your game project sounds really interesting. Would you mind contacting me when it's finished (if you intend on making it playable to the public).

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    That's the beautiful thing - we're able to have it open and have people come visit it regardless of how many trivial things we still need to finish up in Hoenn! (Although, I suppose STILL not having a final version of Sootopolis decided IS more than just trivial... XP) I think I'll do like I did in the Minecraft forums themselves, and use this signature space to advertise the link... ;) (edit: are avatar/signatures static, where if you change it posts older than that date will still have the old one, or does it just take some time for the changes to register?)

Has anyone started on mapping out Sinnoh/Gen IV? I know I saw someone's work with the 2D camera zoom code to make a mural of the Battle Frontier, but I don't know if that's all they did... Speaking of mapping, where would that go, exactly? I want to say it's not emulation, since they seem to be talking about the map data itself and getting it usable for creating hacks, but... :V

Back