• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever seen a house on fire?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • Have you ever seen a house on fire? Not in the news, but in front of your face?

I was walking around the park earlier, and I noticed a huge cloud of back smoke not too far off. After I followed it for 20min, I arrived at a mansion engulfed in fire. The house beside it, completely made from wood, was also in flames. I watched it for about two and a half hours, and even now as I write this, one of them is still on fire.

I found an old piece of paper charred around the edges; it's from a medieval novel detailing medieval etiquette. A souvenir, I guess?

Have you ever seen something similar?

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
  • When I was five years old, our house caught on fire.
    My little brother, who was three, was in there when it happened. My dad ran in to get him.
    They both made it out with no injuries, but our house was destroyed.

We had to move obviously, so I don't like house fires. ;;

Years
  • I'd never seen a house on fire, but recently a house nearby did burn down, and we went to go gawk at it like tourists in the morning, after it was pretty much all burned and charred and everything. You could smell it a mile away, I think.

But yeah, the owner of the house set the fire on purpose, so... I don't really feel bad for him or anything.

Years
  • I never saw a house on fire, but when I was driving on the highway once I saw a car on fire.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I live in a low-class apartment complex, and a couple months back, the building right next to mine caught fire...it was quite exciting to say the least. >_<

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Nope, but I've seen lawns on fire and things about to be set on fire... I guess it's Soviet Russia with me and fire... Fire simply doesn't like me >_>

Well, I guess that's a good thing. If I want to see anything set on fire it'd be my brother's old beat up computer and his TV.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    When I was a kid, there was a house up on the hill by ours, and it was donated to the fire dept. or something to burn down for practice fire-fighting. Helluva waste if you ask me, it was a beautiful house.

Years
  • A couple of years ago, an apartment about two streets away from where I lived caught on fire because of a burning stove left unattended (it was a family-housing complex of a university like my apartment). The thing just exploded and engulfed all who were in the house in an instant. The damage was contained to just that apartment, but it was very visible.

Of the victims, one was a young girl of about four years. I knew her, and she was a very sweet and shy girl. She was friends with a kid of one my dad's co-worker, who also happened to live very close by to both my family and the victim's. A children's park was made in the pasture in front of the apartment and named after her about a year after the incident. The university apartments' administration also took a more firm stance on smoke-detectors afterwards, making more regular checks on the apartments to see if they had one. Other victims included the girl's grandmother and mother. I'm not sure if the father was there as well or he was away. In all, the remains of the apartment the day after the fire is still one of the most stirring images I've ever witnessed.

Ayselipera

I went past a store that was on fire once. It was actually in a city right next to where I live. Being that no one was hurt in the fire it was quite a sight to see. After it all burned down and was cleaned up there was just this random plot of land where grass started growing. If I remember correctly they didn't rebuild anything their until a whole fresh lawn of grass came in. It was a bit odd to see since when you looked down the street there were two big brick buildings and then a patch of fresh grass.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    About a decade ago an apartment across my own was caught on fire and it took about an hour or two to douse all of the flames in it. I forgot how the fire began, but it was during a thunderstorm, so that might explain.

Was quite scary. :/

I also saw a truck engulfed in flames while me and my parents were on our way to SC a few months back. Don't know if the driver survived after that.

Back