• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MSN not sending messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    So, recently MSN hasn't been sending messages to my contacts. I'll sign on and it'll work for about five minutes, but after that no one will receive any messages I've sent. The error I usually get is;

"The following message could not be delivered to all recipients"

I've checked the connection options, and nothing seems to be malfunctioning. This has been driving me crazy for the past two hours or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Yes, I have heard of this before since my friends had the same problem. It is most likely a virus that has infected your computer or your contact's computer. Don't worry the virus isn't severe, since it moves on from computer to computer. It breakes itself. OR it also could be that your internet connection is not functioning properly.

*Just re-read. Cut the connection problems out.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I had this problem. I had to keep closing it and reopening, and then eventually troubleshooting. That's where I figured out my DNS was being stupid D:

Are you sure your DNS isn't a non-active one? Sometimes, it switches on people >_>

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    Yes, I have heard of this before since my friends had the same problem. It is most likely a virus that has infected your computer or your contact's computer. Don't worry the virus isn't severe, since it moves on from computer to computer. It breakes itself. OR it also could be that your internet connection is not functioning properly.

*Just re-read. Cut the connection problems out.

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my own computer, but I'll look into it.

I had this problem. I had to keep closing it and reopening, and then eventually troubleshooting. That's where I figured out my DNS was being stupid D:

Are you sure your DNS isn't a non-active one? Sometimes, it switches on people >_>

I don't think it's my DNS, as I've checked a few times, though I'll check it out a bit more and see if I can find something. Thanks.

EDIT: Well, after scanning my computer, turns out I had two trojans and an exploit. Everything's fine now, so thanks to the both of you for helping. I should really start scanning my computer more... Feel free to lock this as it serves no purpose anymore.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
  • Locked upon being solved~

Also I suggest using DNS servers not from your ISP. But if you don't like OpenDNS's DNS servers go to: http://www.dnsserverlist.org/ and scroll down to the part that says

Here are the top two calculated DNS servers for your IP: <IP goes here> Update your IP Location

Note the Third IP is one of our test IP's if you have room for three IP's Use of the third IP helps us in our test.

<IP goes here> is of course your current IP address, I just changed mine to that message.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back