• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Black + White: Baby Pokemon

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
Years
  • This is a forum area just to speculate on new baby Pokemon that you think should appear in Pokemon Black + White. I personally think they should create a Drowzee prevolution, Drowzee's barely been touched since it was created in Pokemon Red + Blue. Maybe "Yawnzee"? Ok... That isn't a great name, but I've never been very good at thinking up names. It could be four-legged, with a longer trunk. When Drowzee evolves it's trunk turns into a nose, I thought we could evolve on that (Wow, that was a strangly prolonged thought on nose sizes)... But what do you think about new baby Pokemon?

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Possibly a shared Tauros/Miltank pre-evo, but I can't really think of any others off the top of my head.

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
  • ^Then they'd be super weak, like not even playable during normal play.

I would like to see something that evolves into Kangaskhan(sp).

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Babies for all very big pokemon, like Onix and Skarmory. It's just unnatural for them to hatch from eggs... (Unless lower level pokemon are smaller in these games... But that's another story. =D )

And for pokemon with high base stat total (450-500), especially Scyther.

EDIT: Actually, I didn't mean baby pokemon. I meant pre-evolutions. But I fail to see much difference in those two...

Last edited:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    @ Thunderhead: Kanghaskhan won't have a baby evo. I heard from another user on here like a month ago that cubone was orignally suppose to be Kanghaskhan's pre-evo (and that the little creatur in Kaghaskhan's pouch was a cubone with its skull).
    -------------------------

Baby evos of Mawile and Sableye neat, but I'd like to see an evo for at least one of them making a 3 evo family.

Lapras sounds okay...though I wonder how a baby Lapras would look? Maybe Lapras shouldn't get one. But Zangoose and Seviper should definitely be given one.

Babies for all very big pokemon, like Onix and Skarmory. It's just unnatural for them to hatch from eggs... (Unless lower level pokemon are smaller in these games... But that's another story. =D )

And for pokemon with high base stat total (450-500), especially Scyther.

I don't think all big pokemon should be given baby evos. Onix is pretty big and I wonder how an egg is made in the first place and how they come out so big, but still I like the air of confusion that roams around how big pokemon hatch so big and it should be kept that way. Skarmory really isn't that big compared to Onix. Some pokemon are just meant to not have any evos at all.

Last edited:

Swinoob

... [I am not a talker].
    Years
  • ^@ PiPVoda: Sorry, PipVoda, but I think that person you talked to was lying. I compared cubone's sprite with Kanghaskan's, and they don't even look similar. That little Kangaroo doesn't even have the same coloration as Cubone. Besides, Cubone wears the skull of it's dead mother, and I don't think it would be able to lug around Kanghaskan's giant cranium.

Hmmmm... A Tauros/Miltank Pre-Evolution would be nice. So would a Kanghaskan pre-evo. Maybe even two pre-evos. The youngest one would be the little Kangaroo that you see in Kanghaskan's pouch, and the second would be some sort of teenage kangaroo thing, which you would have to level up with the younger Kangaroo thing in your party in order to evolve it. That smaller Kangaroo in Kanghaskan's pouch can't just come out of nowhere. XD

Last edited:

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • ^@ PiPVoda: Sorry, PipVoda, but I think that person you talked to was lying. I compared cubone's sprite with Kanghaskan's, and they don't even look similar. That little Kangaroo doesn't even have the same coloration as Cubone. Besides, Cubone wears the skull of it's dead mother, and I don't think it would be able to lug around Kanghaskan's giant cranium.

Read this:
    Pokemon Black + White: Baby Pokemon

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • I've heard a lot of people saying for ages that they want a baby that evolves into either Miltank or Tauros. Surely they're bound to take the hint soon enough xD

Years
  • @Myrrh: Wow, I actually never heard this before. Thanks for sharing, it definitely enlightened me! :)

@PiPVoda: Think of Lapras as smaller, with a smooth shell. Much shorter neck. And in all just looking more like a baby. XD

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I've heard a lot of people saying for ages that they want a baby that evolves into either Miltank or Tauros. Surely they're bound to take the hint soon enough xD

Yeah they should already know by now. It either won't happen anytime soon, or is in the gen 5 pokedex. Guess we'll have to wait till fall to see, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

@darkslayer: I was thinking like that at first, then shellos immediately popped into my head :P

Years
  • Baby pokemon that I'd like to see:

As with the general consensus:
    Tauros/Miltank, evolving based on gender
    Kangaskhan (Joeykhan)

And some that I haven't heard mentioned yet:
    Solrock/Lunatone baby form (Stellarock)-- evolves while holding a certain item during the day or night.
    Skarmory -- make it available earlier in the game and make it good. Seriously, Skarmory is always found too late to be of any use.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Tauros/Miltank for sure. Smergle needs some background relatives, poor thing. It has a great move but no story behind it, make me want to cry ;~;

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Tropius, Aerodactyl (tho I don't see a fossil Pokemon getting one), and Skarmory all need pre evos. Cuter versions of them all would be great.

Camara

Forgettable Trainer
    Years
  • Personally I don't care about baby pokémon unless they bring new moves.

From the current Pokémon, I see Lapras getting a pre-evo because it is both big and with a high base stat. Mantine got a pre-evo so Skarmory, its physical counterpart, should get it too. In general, I think big non-legendary pokémon without evolutions can easily get a pre-evo.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Scyther, It needs something like that, I always Thought Scyther and Chansey to be rivals, Because, Scyther > Scizor = (Second gen evo, with first gen beginning)
    Chansey > Billsey, (Second gen evo, with first gen beginning)

But then... Happiny came along, so........ It was CRUSHED.

Back