• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Black + White: Baby Pokemon

TheShinyMew

Wild Challenger appeared!
    Years
    What about there is the Dark-type Sneasel had a pre-evolution? That'll be so freaky!

I'd rather had a Trophius pre-evolution. I should talk about it later in the morning.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Honestly...I have no love for Baby Pokemon. Togepi and Riolu are exceptions because they are the only odd ones. The Baby Pokemon only really do 2 things. It gives their Basic form a chance at different moves and makes a chibi cute add on to fill the dex.

What really drew me here were the Egg questions.

Game wise and Anime wise. When the Eggs enter the Hatching stage they glow with the same evolution light. So in a sense the Pokemon evolve from the eggs. That's why all the eggs in the Anime are the same size and why large Pokemon can come from tiny eggs.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    I think a baby absol would be cute. But for the love of god, don't give absol an evolution. It is awesome just the way it is.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I've honestly had enough of adding to existing. I say they need to go for broke and do a completely new set with no ties to any past generation game. If they can't do that, then Game Freak is heading straight for the jagged rocks below.

What they need are new fresh ideas, not playing off of what they've already done. Why do you think some of the fans didn't like 4th Generation? WAY too many additions not enough new and original lines.

kaiser32

Rhymin' and Stealin' ~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2013
    I've honestly had enough of adding to existing. I say they need to go for broke and do a completely new set with no ties to any past generation game. If they can't do that, then Game Freak is heading straight for the jagged rocks below.

What they need are new fresh ideas, not playing off of what they've already done. Why do you think some of the fans didn't like 4th Generation? WAY too many additions not enough new and original lines.

You sir have won the internet. I'm sick and tired of that too. Gen 4 was pretty much an add on. It's sad but GF is losing it's steam. I played some FR today, and I realized how simple Pokemon once was. It's sad but I'm kinda not excited for B&W. I'll stick to Kanto. Call me what you want but I've had enough.

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
    You sir have won the internet. I'm sick and tired of that too. Gen 4 was pretty much an add on. It's sad but GF is losing it's steam. I played some FR today, and I realized how simple Pokemon once was. It's sad but I'm kinda not excited for B&W. I'll stick to Kanto. Call me what you want but I've had enough.
    Well, this may be true - considering that Isshu is meant to be "far away" from all the other regions. I mean, maybe some flying pokemon evos to be realistic, because birds can fly over oceans, but I'm expecting no more than the usual pikachu, zubat, geodude, etc.

kaiser32

Rhymin' and Stealin' ~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2013
    Well, this may be true - considering that Isshu is meant to be "far away" from all the other regions. I mean, maybe some flying pokemon evos to be realistic, because birds can fly over oceans, but I'm expecting no more than the usual pikachu, zubat, geodude, etc.

Eh, I want something new and fresh. That's what makes me play through FR and Pearl (Lolcondradictionsftw). I like new things and pokemon isn't.
    I hope they do something other than "collect 8 badges" "Own E4" "Hurrduur catch 18 ledgens" I mean thats the vibe I got from SS and HG. Don't get me wrong all the games are good. I'm worried about GF's mindset. They're getting old, lets not ignore the elephant in the room here folks.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Please no more baby Pokemon! I find them to be useless and pointless and just a way of appealing to young girls or whatever due to their cute factor.
    It irritates me no end when you fight trainers in the game that use them as they just SUCK.

I also agree with previous posters who feel they should avoid adding to existing evolution lines. It's a new region, supposedly miles away from the previous 4. Why would existing Pokemon have new evolutions that can only be obtained here. Unless they rely on the different climate, I can't see much point tbh.

Years
    I think the pre evo for miltank/tauros should evolve by drinking moo moo milk or holding it....
    and a new item should be introduced if cubone had a pre evo which would be a skull that raises defense??!

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
    I've honestly had enough of adding to existing. I say they need to go for broke and do a completely new set with no ties to any past generation game.

Why? Are you saying that pokemon have never spread throughout the world? that pokemon aren't successful etc? think of it like dogs, chickens etc - there are numerous different types but the differences arent THAT varied and they are everywhere - and have spread successfully (Been reading a book on chinese expansion called iirc, 1421, that explains how chickens can be used to show expansion of china - think of it in the same way, colonists taking food stock, pets etc). Of course a lot of local stuff will be unique, and of course there are places that haven't got this spread of wildlife (yet?) but that will be the exception not the rule.

I appreciate this is real life stuff in a computer game, just thought it worth mentioning.

If they can't do that, then Game Freak is heading straight for the jagged rocks below.

Now this I don't get at all - Pokemon was, yet again, hugely successful and the franchise is going from strength to strength. Care to enlighten me as to how this could cause Gamefreak to head 'straight for the jagged rocks below'

If GameFreak worried about 'some fans' they would have a LOT of worrying to do, and no way of getting games out. What you have there is personal opinion, not a strategic view of various cross sections of customers, target audiences etc

I would bet a HUGE amount of money that gamefreak is monitoring what is liked and disliked across various cross sections - whole marketing depts rely on this data, as do game developers. They will know what has worked and what hasn't and adjust accordingly. Unfortunately it may not be to your liking, or mine, how they do it - for example i would prefer they went down a 'harder' route of more aggressive looking pokemon etc - but I accept that doesn't fit in with their target audience.

But however you look at it I fail to see how GF are looking at falling onto any rocks, or why they should make a 100% brand new pokemon range - especially not when, with so many pokemon, they could spread it over 2 games etc.

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
    Why? Are you saying that pokemon have never spread throughout the world? that pokemon aren't successful etc? think of it like dogs, chickens etc - there are numerous different types but the differences arent THAT varied and they are everywhere - and have spread successfully (Been reading a book on chinese expansion called iirc, 1421, that explains how chickens can be used to show expansion of china - think of it in the same way, colonists taking food stock, pets etc). Of course a lot of local stuff will be unique, and of course there are places that haven't got this spread of wildlife (yet?) but that will be the exception not the rule.

I appreciate this is real life stuff in a computer game, just thought it worth mentioning.

Now this I don't get at all - Pokemon was, yet again, hugely successful and the franchise is going from strength to strength. Care to enlighten me as to how this could cause Gamefreak to head 'straight for the jagged rocks below'

If GameFreak worried about 'some fans' they would have a LOT of worrying to do, and no way of getting games out. What you have there is personal opinion, not a strategic view of various cross sections of customers, target audiences etc

I would bet a HUGE amount of money that gamefreak is monitoring what is liked and disliked across various cross sections - whole marketing depts rely on this data, as do game developers. They will know what has worked and what hasn't and adjust accordingly. Unfortunately it may not be to your liking, or mine, how they do it - for example i would prefer they went down a 'harder' route of more aggressive looking pokemon etc - but I accept that doesn't fit in with their target audience.

But however you look at it I fail to see how GF are looking at falling onto any rocks, or why they should make a 100% brand new pokemon range - especially not when, with so many pokemon, they could spread it over 2 games etc.

You sir are now my favorite person in the world.

I've been saying this since Gen III, when all my friends got sick and tired of the HUGE AMOUNTS of Pokemon. I loved the fact that DPPt had a combination of both new and updated Pokemon. Magmortar, Dusknoir, Gallade, all great additions, but then we also had additions like Garchomp(RIP), Infernape, the all powerful Bidoof, etc. I think what Game Freak is doing is a heck of a lot better than what they were doing when they made RSE, tying the generations together more to the first and second one.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    I'm pretty sure Carnivine will get a pre-evo in this generation.

it needs a evo...and like the absol comment, they better not mess it up. electabuzz was my all time fav but then they gave it that fugly evolution

and i don't see why people like baby, its a total waste except for a move, and fills up space that could have been put to better use

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I don't want many baby Pokemon. Besides the miltant/tauros (Sp?) one. But Zangoose and Seviper needs an Evo.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    i want a baby form of a baby pokeman. i won't be happy till i can use the egg of a pichu in battle

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011

I hope we don't have anymore. They don't seem to serve much of a purpose except give us an excuse to grind happyness, and to introduce super cute pokemon for the anime/movies. XD

Back