• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Opposite Gender Character

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Since RSE, the protagonist who you did not choose became sort of a pseudo-rival to you, battling with/against you and helping you along your journey.

Brendan/May in RSE
    Dawn/Lucas in DPPt
    Lyra/Ethan in HG/SS

But there is no mention of the opposite character at all yet, do you think their role has been taken up by Bell and Cheren?

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Again this is very strange thing because the gender changing is really great about the gaming and as I know about the game it can let you to change the power and all. I am sure we will love to play the game.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I hope to see this happen because the female protagonist is hawt.

But you know, they could always just.. not do it.
    Or they'll do it :D
    Or not.

But they'll most likely do it. Just because we haven't seen scans of the two in the same place doesn't mean they won't be.
    Even though we do have *two* rivals now.. which leaves out, count with me, no starters left for the girl/boy.. Oh snap.

But Lyra got Marill, so that'd make sense 8D

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I hope to see this happen because the female protagonist is hawt.

But you know, they could always just.. not do it.
    Or they'll do it :D
    Or not.

But they'll most likely do it. Just because we haven't seen scans of the two in the same place doesn't mean they won't be.
    Even though we do have *two* rivals now.. which leaves out, count with me, no starters left for the girl/boy.. Oh snap.

But Lyra got Marill, so that'd make sense 8D

We have 3 rivals. Cheren, Belle and N. We face all of them at random times in the game.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • *sigh* Here we go again:

The Opposite Gender character could be the League Champion, wouldn't that be cool?

I really want to battle the girl because like someone previously said, she's HAWT.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    who really cares we get 3rivals: charen, belle, & N... even tho i will admit the opposite character being a 4th rival would be totally awesome XD

so ya put her in too 4rivals work for me :D they might be a challenge finally :P

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    All I hope is that the character isn't left out, I'd like them to use them for something. Whether it's that character become a champion (unlikely, I'd imagine they'd keep that character a secret until the release of the games) or something in the form of Lyra/Ethan.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • All I hope is that the character isn't left out, I'd like them to use them for something. Whether it's that character become a champion (unlikely, I'd imagine they'd keep that character a secret until the release of the games) or something in the form of Lyra/Ethan.
    Same here, I just want to see them.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • *sigh* Here we go again:

The Opposite Gender character could be the League Champion, wouldn't that be cool?

I really want to battle the girl because like someone previously said, she's HAWT.

Ahaha "Hey, baby. Maybe after this battle you and I could go down to the Slurpee Shack and buy a Root Beer Float.... with one strawwwww..."
    I'm sorry, I just had to.

Personally I wouldn't want the alternate character in there. Because that would mean they have to create a character that can be either gender, and that leads to real lack of personality. I agree, I like both protagonist, but all that means is I'm going to play as both on the two different versions.

Years
  • Ahaha "Hey, baby. Maybe after this battle you and I could go down to the Slurpee Shack and buy a Root Beer Float.... with one strawwwww..."
    I'm sorry, I just had to.

Personally I wouldn't want the alternate character in there. Because that would mean they have to create a character that can be either gender, and that leads to real lack of personality. I agree, I like both protagonist, but all that means is I'm going to play as both on the two different versions.
    I hope they work on the opposite gender character and work on separate personalities so they will not lack personality :)

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years

• I hope they work on the opposite gender character and work on separate personalities so they will not lack personality :)

Well, I just see this being sort of difficult. For one, that means writing two different sets of dialog for every time you meet them in the game. Also, trainer's pokemon often reflect their personality so that may or may not be a problem as well. My biggest fear on this would just be the amount of data space on the cartridge. I'm not sure how much space it would take, but we're having so many new features thrown at us I have no idea how there could be one little speckle of space left on this blessed little game.

Years
  • Well, I just see this being sort of difficult. For one, that means writing two different sets of dialog for every time you meet them in the game. Also, trainer's pokemon often reflect their personality so that may or may not be a problem as well. My biggest fear on this would just be the amount of data space on the cartridge. I'm not sure how much space it would take, but we're having so many new features thrown at us I have no idea how there could be one little speckle of space left on this blessed little game.
    Oh now that you put it that way my hopes have diminish slightly :(

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • All I hope is that the character isn't left out, I'd like them to use them for something. Whether it's that character become a champion (unlikely, I'd imagine they'd keep that character a secret until the release of the games) or something in the form of Lyra/Ethan.

And that's the trick. The secret is that they turn out to be the Champion ;)

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • Well, I just see this being sort of difficult. For one, that means writing two different sets of dialog for every time you meet them in the game. Also, trainer's pokemon often reflect their personality so that may or may not be a problem as well. My biggest fear on this would just be the amount of data space on the cartridge. I'm not sure how much space it would take, but we're having so many new features thrown at us I have no idea how there could be one little speckle of space left on this blessed little game.

they already were able to do the opposite gender with personality thing...
    two gens ago, remember brendan/may?
    they had different personalities and dialoges.
    and teams.
    They should make it like that.

Wind

Last edited:
    Back