• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jimmy's Sprite Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    Hi, I'm a spriter and I like to deal with fak'emon.
    So please rate and request fakmon if you like.
    UPDATED DAILY!!!

Here are some Fake'mon and some creatures from the fake games by Telefang.
    Fake'mon:
    Spoiler:

Random Sprites:
    Spoiler:

Telefang's Fake Game (Poke'mon Diamond & Jade) Revamp Sprites:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Yeah the pokemon the attached Thumbnail were in a game ages ago i remember seeing them
    So was it your game... Or have you stolen them..

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    thanks for the comment, and yeah they're revamps from the older fake games by Telephang(Poke'mon Diamond and Jade)

Years
  • These sprites look really dark,what you could do is use some brighter outline,preferably from it's palette.

For the 'what-seems-to-look-like-a' Stantler evolution;
    The antlers could use some editing as well. Going top to bottom, it's third antler(left antlers) can use some fixing up,it's very squished together near the tip. Possibly space them out like you did for the first antler. I can see you used a dark brown to outline most of it's body from the back and to the back of it's leg. Instead of having dark brown outline you could use just simply black outline to make it look less dark or pillow-shaded. For the back leg,I would move it a little forward for a more realistic spacing.

For the 'what-seems-to-look-like-a' Lapras Evolution;
    Again like I said for the Stantler evolution,you could use some black outline on the shaded parts of it's body. Also for that thing on it's chest, it could use some lighter outlline than the black. For the creamy-white part of it's body,you can use a little darker shade in my opinion. x:
    It's difficult to see it's back a little bit because of the lack depth. but you did a great job on the back,i really like it.

For this particular Fakemon;
    There are a couple of disturbing things from this sprite,for one,it looks like you resized it to make it bigger,second there are a lot of random black pixels as the outline that aren't really needed. There is a 2x pixel block on the back that makes it look resized. You just need to fix up the outline,it looks real choppy. :/

Overall patch up some of your outlining,maybe some darker shades for your palettes as well,you did a nice job. I hope to see more from you.

i didn't bother giving criticism on the revamps,they look real decent but they're only simple revamps of the colours only. i'd love it if you did some scratch work to revamp the said sprites.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • Hmm... I like your sprites a lot, your lineart is good, and the colors are good. However, I have noticed that some of your Pokemon's evolution do not differentate from their original form very much. For instance, on the first family, the second and third forms look almost identical with exception of more blade wing things on it's back. You may want to work on that, but otherwise you are doing just fine. Keep it up!

~Prof. W.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    Hmm... I like your sprites a lot, your lineart is good, and the colors are good. However, I have noticed that some of your Pokemon's evolution do not differentate from their original form very much. For instance, on the first family, the second and third forms look almost identical with exception of more blade wing things on it's back. You may want to work on that, but otherwise you are doing just fine. Keep it up!

~Prof. W.

yeah, but those arent my poke'mon, they're not even really pokemon at all. just revamps from the GBC game by Telephang like I've mentioned before...

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • yeah, but those arent my poke'mon, they're not even really pokemon at all. just revamps from the GBC game by Telephang like I've mentioned before...

Oops... sorry. Maybe I start reading earlier posts before I give my 10 cents. :p

Anyways, you're other work is good. The only one I have a real problem with is the narwhale, you resized it but didn't fix it afterwords, making it very blocky. Keep it up-

~Prof. W.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    sorry for sounding kinda illish. And thanks very much!!!
    also i updated the whale poke.

Here you go:

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    Thanks Professor W., so would anyone like to see anything sprited?

EDIT: UPDATE!!!
    New fake'mon for you guys to enjoy

Last edited:

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • many of you sprites suffer from a jagged blocky look :/

as much as i want to say "round them off"... i know it's not that easy and you're probably not that prepared to go back and entirely change finished product.

maybe go into chesu's spriting tutorial, if you already haven't. It's a great help with the anatomy of sprites. Also though, on new works, maybe if you use the *1.1.1.2.2.3.2.2.1.1.1 method in your curves? Scarf showed me it and i thought i works pretty well!

12321_method.png

Either way, they're just suggestions ^^ Take them as you wish... lol

Keep Spriting!

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    thanks for all the suggestions and critisim. I've been away due to family issues but I'm ready to still take requests and keep spriting.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
  • Sorry, I just reported your post. :D

Anyway, with your little raven, I noticed that the shading is hardly noticeable since it's such a dark sprite. Lightening it and adding more detailed shading would make it look better, I think.

The grassy monster thing seems a little too busy in the design, in my opinion. And I see some shading errors in that fiery bug looking thing. The belly in particular. To me, the line shading seems reversed. It's dark on the left and light on the right.

Years
  • Since this thread was over a month old before it was revived I've got to lock it.

Hero Griffith: if you want to start a new thread you are welcome to. I can also unlock this is you would like to continue it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back