• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MagScor(Magmortar/Gliscor)

Years
  • Manz: 22
    2-2-1 Magmortar Lv. X
    fire.png

2-2-1 Gliscor Lv. X
    fighting.png

2-1 Blaziken FB Lv. X
    fire.png

1-1 Claydol
    fighting.png

3 Spiritomb
    darkness.png

2 Uxie
    psychic.png

1 Azelf
    psychic.png

1 Unown Q
    psychic.png

T/S/S: 28
    3 Level Max
    2 Super Scoop Up
    2 Premier Ball
    1 Luxury Ball
    2 Expert Belt
    2 Switch
    2 Warp Point
    1 Bench Shield
    2 Night Maintenance
    1 Pokemon Rescue
    4 Bebe's Search
    4 Roseanne's Research
    2 Judge

NRG: 10
    fire.png

fighting.png

Strategy: Either start off with Spiritomb or Blaziken FB. If i start off with Blaziken FB, on T2 search for the LV. X, and run away and send out a searched Spiritomb. If i start with Spiritomb, start evolving Magmar/Gligar and hopefully getting some Level Max in my hand(I realize that level max are flippy, but the point here is not to rely on them, but rather they're there if i need them, and there's lots of room for error if they fail). Once Gliscor is ready, send it out, level it up, shoot poison for paralysis/poison, and use Burning poison to burn as well, returning Gliscor and all cards attached to it to my hand. Send out Spiritomb in it's place. As long as Spiritomb(AKA Meatshield) is out, there isn't jack squat my opponent can do. He can't heal, switch, or scoop, because they all involve trainers. He also can't retreat or attack due to paralysis. Only way out that I can see would be Warp Energy.
    I know this sounds like a lot going on, but it seems to make complete sense to me and might have a shot at doing well at league. It won't be legal at all come September but that's a big "whatever" for me. Hopefully this'll finally be a deck that'll work for me.

**EDIT: I have a severe energy problem between what will be my T4-T5. After Gliscor uses Burning Poison, and i return all cards to my hand, at this point Magmortar will probably only have about 2 energy on it. Enough to kill only the weakest pokemon. I may in the future be looking at a more firm replacement, but for now i'm a bit stuck.**

Last edited:
    Years
  • OK first of all you have to much trainers and need more energys.
    at least 20-25 energys and have trainers to fill in the space

Terrible suggestion because, well, trainers, supporters, and stadiums are much more important than energy, and Roseanne's Research is just one of the methods he has in place to get energy from the deck. Uxie and Claydol are other means of getting the cards he wants from the deck. That suggestion is only valid if those cards aren't legal in the modified format, which they are.

Years
  • what i'm new here so give me at least some credit
    Thanks for trying to help out, but the T/S/S line is fine the way it is. However, you are right in the fact that the deck COULD use more energy, but it probably doesn't really need any. Although i'd love to add more, there just isn't room.

Back