• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Dreamy World

The Red Chain

I applied a search and found a month old Dream World thread, so I'm here to resurrect it. 8D

The Dream World is a new aspect of the games, shown as part of a website called the Pokémon Global Link. The Dream World is accessed by going to the bed in Mokoma's house in Sanyou City. From here, you use the Dream Smoke obtained by Musharna and sync your game up to your Pokémon Global Link account. There are many different aspects of the Dream World to utilise, including access to Pokémon and items that cannot be naturally found within Isshu.

Courtesy of Serebii.net for the description.

This thread is made to discuss all these new and grand aspects of The Dream World. The Pokemon of the Dream World being given new abilities, having the feature to have your own house and decorate it too, berry gardens, elusive items, and plenty of other fun features. ^^

Here's some questions to help get this discussion started :

What is your favorite Dream World Pokemon, regarding the new abilities?
    Will you utilize the berry garden option?

Do you like the idea of having a house to decorate?

and finally : What do you think of the Dream World feature? :3

Here is a list of all the Dream World Pokemon for your convenience~
    I'll post in here in a bit to answer my own questions, but tell me what you think. ^^

Last edited:

Darkfire_Danny

Houndoom Fanatic
    Years
  • Well Flareon's confirmed - it's always been the dark horse of the Eevee family (The rubbish one :P ), but if it got an ability similar to Motor Drive where its Speed is raised when hit by a Fire attack, it could be pretty good! :) Also, Pressure on Umbreon would make it even more of a nuisence :P .

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • It seems all the eeveelutions (AWESOME!), the kanto starters, and pikachu have been revealed. I'm guessing that the other starters might come up, but with the recent remakes of Johto, D/P/Pt, and the quite-likely R/S remakes it appears that all the starters should be easily accessible. And I like the idea of a house, kinda reminds me of those little kid gaming websites I used to play XD but I hope it doesn't replace in-games secret bases. Also I might use berry growing depending on how much I use the dream world at all. And I hope they might make some sort of an app for iPhone/Android so you can use it easier XD.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Well Flareon's confirmed - it's always been the dark horse of the Eevee family (The rubbish one :P ), but if it got an ability similar to Motor Drive where its Speed is raised when hit by a Fire attack, it could be pretty good! :) Also, Pressure on Umbreon would make it even more of a nuisence :P .

Pressure Umbreon would be evil

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Snorlax with Poison heal would be pretty lol, especially if it became broken and got Slack Off as well.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • A leafeon with a new ability i came up with called ChloroAbsorb( gain HP when hit with a grass type move)

The Red Chain

What abilities would you like to see on the Dream World Pokemon?
    I want to see something like Intimidate on Charmander or Chlorophyll on Leafeon :D

Any ideas for other Pokemon that should be in the Dream World to get sparkly new abilities?
    At this time I am not sure.. but if I get an idea, I'll be sure to update my post~

Yes. I enjoy making berries, and especially since I'll have new Pokemon to make battle-worthy I'm gonna want a lot of EV berries. XD

I do indeed~ It sounds just like the secret bases with all the fun little decorations, but better. ^.^

What do you think of the Dream World feature? :3
    I think it's an excellent idea, and it will give us some new strategies to work out with the Dream World Pokemon's new abilities and such <3
    Who says an old dog can't learn new tricks? ;D

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I really hope that Slaking appears in the dream world and gets a new ability. Maybe he could have Thick Fat.

I mainly want Slaking to get something other than Truant so he could rock UBER like he should be able to.

Years
  • What abilities would you like to see on the Dream World Pokemon?
    well like someone else said, a charmander with intimidate would be sweet. maybe water absorb for squirtle (though that would probably make charmander have the flame absorb one so maybe not). I don't know about bulbasaur and the eeveelutions, but pikachu could have volt absorb or something. idk these abilitys are stating to sound boring heh maybe...something better?
    [[I'm really glad the starters get some new abilities though]]

Any ideas for other Pokemon that should be in the Dream World to get sparkly new abilities?
    I don't know, maybe ... idk

if I can go to the dream world easily. If I can only go from one place and it turns into this big thing then no, I wouldn't want that responsibility. I've always taken care of berries and I just realized in d/p/pl that they're really annoying and I stopped. then hgss came out and it was a dream come true that they were always with me, easily taken care of. so if berries get annoying again in gen 5 I'll be seriously peeved off
    sounds kinda cheesy to me but eh, I'll have to experience it first before I can pass judgment
    and finally : What do you think of the Dream World feature? :3
    I think the pokemon from the past thing is really cool, especially with their new abilities (no more charmander with blaze!). the berries sound like they'll be annoying if it's not easy enough to access the dream world. and the house....we'll see. overall I think I like the dream world feature :)

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • The underground and now the dream world. Hm, It was a nice idea, but I can't see any logic in it. You can catch Pokemon there and bring it back to the real world? :|

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
  • I'd like to see Jolteon get Motor Drive in the dream world. Flareon...um, EarthquakeSpiral? (Or Overconfidence, as it's alternately translated,) Umbreon will most likely get Pressure, though I think it'd be cool if it had Illusion. (Yeah right, that'll happen.) Espeon, no clue. Leafeon will probably get Chlorophyll or Overgrow.

The Kanto starters will probably get Water Absorb, Flash Fire, and...no clue on Bulbasaur. If Pikachu gets Motor Drive, it may very well become OU with Light Ball.

Shadow01192

RK9 Unit
    Years
  • well going off of logic, Flareon will get magma armor. Sorry pessimism. And to boot Bulbasaur will get Chlorophyll while Charmander gets Flash Fire. But Squirtle, well Gamefreak loves water types so obviously squirtle, will get swift swim. Thus far I am leery of the idea of the dream world but I am holding out hope that it will be fairly useful or at least interesting.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • The Dream World seems like an awesome feature, but I just dont think it is pokemony, if you know what I mean,. I mean catching pokemon in a dream??? Nice feature but I dont think it quite suits pokemon.

However I do love Munna and her evo, they will surely be part of my team.

The Red Chain

I also want Pikachu to get Motor Drive or Volt Absorb.
    I think that would be epic in the metagame, especially if you evolve it. <3

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • berry garden, ooh that sounds fun, and house decorating, that would be like secret bases all over again :)

Back