• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite ORIGINAL series movie

What is your favorite movie

• The First Movie:Mewtwo strikes back

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • The Movie 2000:The power of one

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • 3 The Movie:Spell of the Unown

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • 4ever:Celebi voice of the forest

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Heroes(5)

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Green20

Nomad
Years
  • What is your favorite of the first five movies and why...Mine is the first movie because when I was a kid I almost crapped myself watching Mew vs Mewtwo in theaters. And I recently watched it and still think that with all the new hundreds of pokemon Mewtwo is still the best

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Why can't we just pick any movie? Its not like all the originals were better! :\

Well I guess i'll go with The Power Of One! :3 It's always been a close favourite!~

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • Erm, I can't remember what it was called, but it was the one where all the pokemon were cloned? And I remember that mew and mewtwo had a battle, and it was the most amazing thing in the history of ever.

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
  • ^Mewtwo Strikes Back.

Anyway, my favourite is a close one, Unown vs. 4Ever, but I'll have to go with Celebi Voice of the Forest. It was the first movie of all Pokemovies I ever saw fully, AND I CRIED AT THE END.

That's the power of Celebi.

EVEN THOUGH I JUST WATCHED THE UNOWN ONE.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
  • The first, second and fifth were by far my favourites. Out of them I'd have to say the first is the best though.

The third was very boring and the fourth didn't really do it for me.

The first was great partly just because of the excitement and the hype back then. It was around 11 years ago when Pokemon had just taken off and became immensely popular. Screens were sold out and people were queueing up outside the Cinema just to try and watch it early. There was a massive buzz surronding the whole thing. I remember in the UK they were offering free Pokemon Cards when you went to see it; I remember getting a Dragonite!! However the movie itself was great, an epic and exciting plot. Altogether it made for a very enjoyable viewing experience.

The second was good, especially the start. Loved the sexual tension and the intial setup explaining the mythology of the three islands. It did sort of fade I felt near the middle and the end.

I like the setting of the fifth movie and it also had one my favourite scenes in the entire franchise; the opening with the water race layered upong the full Master Quest song. I also liked the entire concept of Latias being able to be a human Ditto and confusing Ash with the other girl as well as the villians. However the scene where they are 'playing' in the hidden park I do recall being very cringeworthy. I'm not sure what I expect given the fact Ash is probably about 10/11 years old but whenever he "plays" with a Pokemon it usually just consists of them running around in mindless circles.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I don't specifically like these set of movies more than one another, but they are all good in their unique qualities. The First Movie was pretty cool, but I also liked the elaboration and plot of the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th movies. The 4th movie wasn't bad, I liked that one overall, but I dunno, I simply didn't have much of a feel for it.

But, my personal opinion for better entertainment goes to the movies after the original series. Don't bite me now.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Well for me the first two movies; because i have good memories of watching them in the cinema when i was seven

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    This should have had multiple choices. :(
    I liked the first and the second movie a lot as well as Celebi: Voice of the forest. It definitely has a remarkable and engaging storyline. I never really liked Spell of the Unown.
    I actually prefer the original series movies rather than the new ones.
    If I had to go for one, it would be Celebi: Voice of the Forest.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Pokemon Heroes for me. I like how the setting is similar to Venice. Hoenn Pokemon were also in there! (Wailmer and the Lati twins).

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    I love all of them and cried in all of them, but The Movie 2000 is my favorite. I really liked the whole "chosen one" concept with Ash and Lugia's Song is one of the most haunting yet beautiful sounds I've ever heard. Plus, I'm a nostalgia freak.

Then I'd go with Heroes. Latios and Latias are amazing Pokemon and I don't think I'd ever think that if it wasn't for that movie and how they really showed Lati@s.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2010
    2000:The power of one is i think is the best original pokemon series movie, i have ever enoyed. i love the storyline and story stuffs of this movie. that's why i m going to be pick second as my favorite after comment here.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • The third movie is the best. Misty and Brock were both given very good roles considering they weren't so important in the animé at the time. The Pokémon battles were also very good and I thought that 4Kids made a great soundtrack for this movie as well. It had everything I like in a Pokémon movie to be honest. The previous two movies I can't stand watching to this day.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2011
    Pokémon the Movie 2000: The Power of the One is the only movie I can even tolerate now. The first movie was nostalgic but the storyline was beyond idiotic. The 3rd movie was so brutal re-watching though. I never bothered with 4 or 5.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
  • Pokémon the Movie 2000: The Power of the One is the only movie I can even tolerate now. The first movie was nostalgic but the storyline was beyond idiotic. The 3rd movie was so brutal re-watching though. I never bothered with 4 or 5.

Could you elaborate why you thought the storyline was particuarily idiotic?

It was in no way any less unbelievable than anything else that happens in any other pokemon movie or the anime. Take the second movie for example, a talking Slowking, Ash arriving exactly when theres trouble, biggest storm ever and Ash manages to sail through it etc etc.

You generally have to take a leap of faith when you watch Pokemon and ignore the massive plot holes and irregualites otherwise none of it would make sense.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I get the numbering mixed up since their are like, 15 diffrent pokemon movies but the ones i like the most is Spell of the unknown and Mewtwo Returns. Even though its not one of my favorites i think Mewtwo Strikes Back has the best battle scene in the orginal series.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Truthfully, it's the third one. Easily the third. A lot of you are probably saying "Oh, it was SOOO boring!!!" but truthfully, I loved it's melodic passing and just how beautiful the whole thing was. It really went in-depth with the psychology of Molly, and the entire film really felt very dream-like and mystical. It's the only Pokemon film, aside from 2000 and the Lucario one, I can watch now and still enjoy like I did as a kid. Plus, the third film had all the characters behave in character and still developing, Delia's role was expanded to the point where we saw a lot about her character, and the action sequences were perhaps the best in any Pokemon movie due to the fact that the heroes really didn't win. It's more interesting to watch the villains win, and when you take a step back and realize that the villain of this movie is a depressed girl, the situation is less black and white and more gray, which is something I love.

Plus, it reminds me of Evangelion, my all-time favorite anime, so...

2000 is amazing too: intense plot with an intense story line that still allows us to gain access into the mindsets of the characters. Melody is a fascinating character, and Misty, my favorite character, is given MASSIVE amounts of development. Plus, the soundtracks to both films are amazingly brilliant. I just wish they released the third movie's OST on CD. For the life of me, I've never found one where they released every instrumental track.

However, the first film lacks any real sense of characterization. The plot's all well and good, simple but gets the film going, but everyone's so OOC and bland it's almost unwatchable. The fourth film suffers from coming after the third film, and it's also pretty bland, as is the fifth movie. It gets good with Jirachi, then goes to the garbage bin with Deoxys...but that's just me.

alexander10

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    3 The Movie:Spell of the Unown is my favorite original series.Misty and Brock were both given very good role.This is a out standing movie.

Back