• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unfinished Hacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baronnecro

AKA TolerantX
Years
  • I was wondering what, if any are the complete pokemon hacks there are? I cannot seem to find a list of the complete hacks.
    Also, there seem to be a great number of unfinished hacks on these sites. I understand that sometimes bugs and glitches can kill a game, but most of these unfinished hacks are virtually bug-free. Do people just grow out of this or give up? Why cannot someone pass the torch along to the next person. someone steps in and says, "Damn that is a fun hack! too bad it is not finished, why did so and so quit? I could pick up where they left off perhaps if I had permission?"

I was wondering how all these are handled by this community. I am quite new here, I didn't know exactly where to post this thread, except in the Hacks Area.
    currently there are many pokemon projects I do not want to be incomplete: IMO most of these projects have potential "to be the very best" ~ from english pokemon credits (season 1) , on par with the Nintendo games.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Well this is the wrong sub-forum to post it in. I personally think some people lack motivation, or they don't have time to do that stuff in their free time.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Ask this in the ROM HACKING forum. This is GAME DEVELOPMENT.

Game development is NOT ROM Hacking. Game development is building something new from the ground up. ROM Hacking is building of of what Nintendo has already released. Learn the difference.

It even says in the text for the forum to not come here for anything ROM hacking related.
    Discuss your games here, get help, and chat about the programs you use! (RM2K, Sphere, Game Maker, RM2K3, etc)
    This forum is not for ROM Hacks or things related to them!

majorgames

I believe this goes in the rom hacking section

oh and here is a little note to the moderator who closes this thread

"To who ever closes this thread
    whenever i see a post where it is in the wrong section and I or another member has replied saying that it's in the wrong section, the mod who closes the thread (or just replies in the case of a single posts) usually says to try and not mini-mod

so I have a question about this, what's exactly wrong with mini-moding (against the rules, impolite, annoying, ect) and why (depening on first answer obviously)

thank you for reading this

Majorgames"

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • The reason that you shouldn't mini mod, is because you don't have that authority over other people in the forum. I mean sure you could tell someone their topic will be removed or locked, but you can't lock it can you? So why tell them? Just let the mod do his/her work and ignore this topic until it is locked. If 5 people rant on this person he/she might feel unwelcome in the forum and will leave. We don't want that.

And another thing, if you've already seen that someone has already said something, in this case, this person is in the wrong sub-forum. Please refrain from reposting that 3 more times right after that same post... It's annoying and looks stupid...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back