• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Colorued Scrollbars using CSS

perthskies

Nostalgic
Years
  • Coloured Scrollbars using CSS

It has come to my understanding that scrollbars can have their colours altered using the following CSS Code:

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    body {
    scrollbar-face-color: #00FF80;
    scrollbar-shadow-color: #616161;
    scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF;
    scrollbar-3dlight-color: #00FF80;
    scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #00FF80;
    scrollbar-track-color: #00FF80;
    scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000
    }
    </style>

However, this only works in Internet Explorer. I tried testing this in Mozilla Firefox and it didn't work. Is it safe to assume that scrollbar colour changes aren't a universal or offical part of the CSS Code, that it's Internet Explorer only?

Last edited:

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
  • Yeah, that is a really cool code :) Most people know it however, yet I didn't know it doesn't work in firefox ;____;

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Some CSS only works in IE, and that's one of them. There's also stuff like glow, shadow, etc, that only work in IE.

Most of the time, it's annoying stuff that most people don't care to see anyways. :/

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • Colored scrollbars do make DIVs with overflow:auto look nicer, though. :3 But yeah, it's IE only.

perthskies

Nostalgic
    Years
  • OK... umm, also, doesn't the fixed background code work in Mozilla Firefox?

Code:
    bgproperties="fixed"

(which goes in the body background tag)

If that's correct, then I sure have been using a lot of IE tags lately... o_O;

Actually, nevermind, I found the CSS Stylesheet alternative, which works in Mozilla Firefox. ^^;

For those that are interested:

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    <!--
    body {
    	background-image: url(http://url of image);
    	background-attachment: fixed;
    	background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }
    -->
    </style>

Just remove the Style tags if you're placing this in an external stylesheet to link to, otherwise it won't work in Firefox or other browsers (strangely, it works in IE if the style tags are intact). If you want the background to repeat, just remove the line to change it to your liking.

Hope this helps. ^^;

Last edited:

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • Some font tags are also messed up in F.F. You hafta use 10px or 10pt. Youc an't just do the general font-size: 1;.. XD I threw out an awesome layout for that reason because I coudlnt fix it..

aRedMoon

Years
  • Ewwwww... arial. <_< Verdana <3

And I use size 11 or 12 - 10 is too small for old people. :-/

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • You got something to say against Arial, Greg? :P

Isn't this getting a bit off-topic? O.o

aRedMoon

Years
  • This is like the good ole times in Webbies. ;_; COmpletely OT and fun as all get out! :D

...and Arial sucks. Comic Sans, Size 11, is the best font for any paper.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Tahoma all the way! <3 <3

...although I admit, I use Verdana on websites. =\

As for the original content of the topic, I wish the coloured scrollbars thing worked in other browsers. It's basically essential with working with iframes unless you want them to look bad. =\

Cherrim

Years
  • When done right, they look really nice. =\ I'm talking about for smaller sites like collectives and whatnot. For anything else, frames are gross. XP

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Lightning said:
    Tahoma all the way! <3 <3

...although I admit, I use Verdana on websites. =\

As for the original content of the topic, I wish the coloured scrollbars thing worked in other browsers. It's basically essential with working with iframes unless you want them to look bad. =\
    Tahoma 10pt shall rule you all!

Anyway, coloured scrollbars seem interesting. I may want to use it on my site. Okay, so it only works in IE. If a different browser tries to view the site will the scrollbars look normal or slightly messed in any way?

I'm like the primary viewer of my site, and I stick to IE (actually Avant but meh), so this looks good for me.

Cherrim

Years
  • They would just show up as regular scrollbars for anyone using another browser. ^_^;

Back