• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Card of the Day 2# Gengar Prime

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Again, a larger image is really necessary to be able to evaluate the card.
    For the artwork, I'd say it's alright. Not my favorite gengar card of all time, not the worst. Gengar ex is probably the worst gengar for artwork, with either Sabrina's Gengar from gym challenge or dark gengar from neo destiny being the best.
    6/10 for artwork.
    For playability, I think it's obvious that this card is meant for the lost world stadium. It's a monster with it, but without it it's just another card, really. Lost zoning your opponent's pokemon is alright for crippling their setup/recovery, but without lost world it just doesn't instill the proper fear. I'm not sure if you'd put it into the popular gengar deck right now (vilegar), but it might be good as straight gengar with the level X and some techs.
    7/10 playability without lost world.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Only use here it to lost zone SP Lv.Xs or Magikarps against unsuspecting Gyarados. It's still horrible because Gengar's only good with the Lv.X, and dropping consistancy is gross.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2010
    I think it can still be pretty useful in the right situation, like against Gyarados, but overall it's not that useful without Lost World. 7/10.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I think the artwork is nice, 8/10, and this gengar does have some potential, 6/10 - of course, only when played with the Lost World Stadium, or else, other cards would be alot more preferable (for obvious reasons).

Back