• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: The case of disappearing profile backgrounds!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • Well, I've had this problem for a while and have kept quiet just because I'm lazy. But it is becoming a little too much for me to handle. I know, I know, I, myself, am to blame. ;_;

..yeah, onto the problem: My profile just doesn't show backgrounds at times. Even though I have almost always have backgrounds in my profile, they just refuse to show up for a certain number of visitors to my profile. When I was using Firefox a while ago, the background showed up for everyone (who visited my profile) for a short period of time and it seemed the end of my problems. But shortly after, I started experiencing it again. I'm using Chrome atm. But yeah, if I use firefox to upload the images and customize the profile, the images generally won't show up in chrome. The same thing happens when I do the opposite. So, the question is, what should I do in order to make sure that my profile backgrounds appear to everyone who view my profile? How can I get rid of my profile issues? Help? Anybody? ;_;

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Hm... first question... what forum style are you using? Some forum styles seem to have this kind of issue, (eg. Generation InVerse). Or try clearing out the cookies in your web browser or something. Or it might be an issue with showing images that will only work in Firefox prahaps? I'm not sure if it's the forum style or just the Tier 5 PC supporter usergroup. But I do assume it's a forum style problem. Try changing forum styles and tell me what happens. ;)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Well, clearing the cache from FF has solved the problem for me as of now. I'm not really sure if clearing my cache would enable everybody else to see it, though. Is there a way I can ensure that it is visible to everyone? :o

Edit; I'm using 167+, btw. But changing styles doesn't have an effect anyhow. XD;

Years
  • Well, clearing the cache from FF has solved the problem for me as of now. I'm not really sure if clearing my cache would enable everybody else to see it, though. Is there a way I can ensure that it is visible to everyone? :o

Edit; I'm using 167+, btw. But changing styles doesn't have an effect anyhow. XD;
    I could confirm that for you; your profile now appears fine everyone. I tried it with both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • It sort of works in safari. It shows the pic, but it doesn't loop it, so when I scroll down, it's all white space. If this is how it's supposed to appear, it's fine if not, it could be something wrong on my end, but I cleared all cookies...

Back