• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DBZ Budokai1,2,3.

Anyone have DBZBudokai1,2,or 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Wrong section, this should go to the games area, so I'll go ahead and move it.

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    I have 2 and have played 1 alot. I really want to get Budokai 3 for christmas, it has like 40 different playable characters.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I don't own any of the Budokai games, but I've played them before. They are pretty cool, and I'm not even a big fan of DBZ.

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • Yeah I have all 3 of Them. I admire Budokai 1 for it's movie scenes and 3D graphics.. Though I guess Cel-Shaded brings forth the l00ks of the anime. IMO, B3 has murdered the other previous Budokai games by a long shot. With 500+ capsules 40+ characters *currently has all characters and transformations but 72% of the capsules. >_<* The game is not bad. I've been collecting DBZ games for many years now and this blows away more than half of them. 9/10 *stops self from getting too into the topic* You gotta love fast speed fighting games. o.O

~Blade~

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    I have Budokai 1, 2, and 3. I just got Budokai 3 yesterday! OMG! It's so awesome. It's just like the anime, to me. You can do anything that I can think of, that happens in the anime!

EDIT: I forgot to say this: Each character has their own Ultimate Attack. When you do that attack correctly, it's like the game kicks into awesome graphics mode XD They show kinda like a mini scene that's freakin awesome. Like when you do Big Bang Attack with Vegeta, correctly, it's like 15 seconds of an awesome explosion

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 13, 2005
    There good I haven't gotten three yet I hope that the Saiyan overdrive mode turns out to be good.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Have all three. Budokai 3 is easily the best one of the three. If I had to rate 'em..

Budokai 3 > Budokai 1 > Budokai 2

Seriously, Budokai 2 was the worst. The graphics and added characters were nice. But Dragon World was the WORST mistake ever. Budokai 3 doesn't have Budokai 1's Story Mode, but Dragon Universe is so much better than Dragon World and is close enough to Story Mode.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Kuharido said:
    There good I haven't gotten three yet I hope that the Saiyan overdrive mode turns out to be good.

Don't know what you're talking about. They have Hyper Rush and Dragon Rush modes, if that is what you're tlaking about, but it's not exclusive to the saiyans.

I'm really loving Budokai three though. Dragon Universe is awesome, and much better than 2's or 1's story mode. And it has many more playable characters.
    Spoiler: characters

They also have many new battlefields. They brough back the explodable battlefields too.
    Spoiler: battlefields

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • The commercial pulled a term out of their arse. It's not Saiyan Overdrive Mode. It's Hyper Mode. :| Basically the fighter bursts into a flare of ki energy and their ki slowly starts to deplete. During this time, normal attacks don't seem to have much of an effect on the character unless it's a move that would knock 'em over. If you manage to knock back your opponent and hit the ki blast button (O) while in Hyper Mode, you engage in Dragon Rush mode.

Similar to previous moves in B2, where both players would press a button and if they were different an attack would be successful, you get three chances. Say if you got all three in your favor, first you charge at the foe and slam 'em into the background. Then you fly into their direction beat the living tar out of them. Then finally you either finish them off with a kick to the stomach, rapidly fire of ki blasts (ala Vegeta's Renzokukidan from the Saiyajin Saga), or charge up one large blast and send it in there direction (these vary from different characters). If you happen to have an Ultimate Move skill equipped, rather than the final move being executed, your character preforms their most powerful attack, like Vegeta's Big Bang Attack or Goku's Warp Kamehameha.

If you and your opponent manage to get the same buttons pressed, the attack's first hit is dodged and they're sent hurling into the ground from a counter attack. If you manage to win the first button press but your opponent gets it on the next one, the two fighters engage in a kick flurry of punches and kicks and end up on the ground on their feet after pushing eachother aside. If the first two are in the attacker's favor but the third isn't, the defensive character is smacked towards the ground but lands on their feet and quickly jumps back to avoid the attacker and it resumes into regular play.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Yes, that is all very true. YOu should also mention the new beam struggles. If both players launch beam attacks of the same strength such as a simple kamehameha, then teh two attacks woudl collide and you would have to wiggle the joy stick as fast as you can in order to overwhelm your opponent's attack.

They also have what they call Teleport and Persue. If while in teh air you knock back your opponent, push forward and O and you'll warp behind them and knock them flying in teh other direction. This is called a pursue. This can be done up to four times consecutively, but each time it costs a large chunk of Ki and your opponent gets a large chunk of Ki every time he is hit in this way.

Teleport is very similar, but it may be performed in both the air and on the ground. Forward X allows you to teleport behind them and coutnerattack any powerful move they do, with it be a simple knock back attack to a special. If the attack is not strong enough, pressing X provides a simple dodge. Both the Teleport and the Pursue can have teleport used on them if the user is fast enough and has enough Ki to execute it. I recall in one fight I teleported then the opponent teleported then I teleported again. :D

What I don't like is the limited number of characters for Dragon Univers, considering that means you get breakthrough for those characters only and those characters are the only ones who recieve power boosts since they can level up.

The graphics are teh same as budokai 2, the fighitng system is greatly upgraded, and the attacks are much more impressive. if you perform an ultimate attack and it pans out so you can see the explosion outside the Planet's atmosphere, be prepared to return to a trashed battlefield. :D

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Actually, you CAN get everyone's Breakthrough in the game. Just that you can't do it for everyone through Dragon Universe. There's other methods of getting Breakthrough.

The graphics really aren't the same as B2's. They're cleaner and neater and the effects are a helluva lot better (I love the new effect they used for ki flares).

About beam struggles, it only works when both players preform that at the exact same time.

Btw, didju know Kid Goku was supposed to have a Dragon Universe story, but it never made it in the final version? ;-; I would've loved if they kept it in.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Didn't know that. :\

I figured though there ahd to be another way to get breakthorugh somewhere, especially since I just rescently got the black Skill Shop membership card. And it says you can buy any/all skills, which implies a lot.

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • Pogiforce-14 said:
    Didn't know that. :\

I figured though there ahd to be another way to get breakthorugh somewhere, especially since I just rescently got the black Skill Shop membership card. And it says you can buy any/all skills, which implies a lot.

Indeed there is 1 method. (I have yet to find any other possible ways) You must first get the 11 Breakthroughs for the 11 characters that can actually be played in Dragon Universe. After you do so, you must obtain all the Ultimate moves possible, thus triggering ''Baba Crystal Ball 000'' Buy that and you can purchase ''Baba Crystal Ball 001'' Finally... after you do that you now have access to all the Breakthroughs for the other characters. I'm stuck at 79%.. Haven't played much. x_x

~Blade~

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Question~ Does anyone know if they've incorperated the solar flair into B3? Thats one of my favorite moves besides Burning Attack, and if they added it like a Solar Flair Kamehaha that would be pretty sweet.

Back