• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need help figuring out what this is! New here.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Hey guys, Just wanted to let you all know that I am new here.

I mainly collect cards from the gym challenge series and back. I like the older cards for their nostalgia purposes. But I have been buying some recent packs and tonight 2 weird things happened to me.

I got a few HS Undaunted and they normally come with 10 cards. Well Out of the 3 I bought 1 pack only had 6. No stars, No holo foils, no reverse holos, nothing. I still have every bit of the packaging so I didnt throw them away. Any explanation?

And secondly, the main reason I am posting this thread, I got a Cessation Crystal. A simple uncommon trainer card. But mine has silver trim, unlike the usual yellow, and a silver autograph at the bottom of the image.

What in the world is this?

Attachments

• I need help figuring out what this is! New here.
      IMAG0009.jpg
      606.3 KB · Views: 14
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    I cant find anything about it on the internet at all. I can find the card but nothing to do with the silver trim and signature.

Any clues?

Years
  • Oh. Those are from the World Championship decks. Their purpose is presumably to give novice and mediocre players insight into what it takes to build a top-level deck. They've been printing new decks each year since around 2004, I think. They aren't worth much at all and aren't tournament legal.

As for the HGSS pack with only 6, where did you buy it? A thrift store?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Did the cessation crystal come in the pack? Because if so, you can be certain they have been opened and resealed with other cards. That is the best explanation for why you didn't receive a full pack of the other one as well. As Donavannj said, cards with the silver border and signature are from World Champion them decks, and do not come in packs. If that's the case, you can bring them back where you got them and hope they refund you, and try to avoid buying packs in places like convenience and dollar stores. Fake packs are so rampant lately that I can't recommend buying them anywhere other than big box stores and hobby shops, and with the rising popularity pokemon cards are seeing now I'm sure the problem will only worsen.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Well the funny thing is that I bought them from Walmart. They were still in the cardboard backing, with them all still clearly factory sealed.

I am quite confused :/

But did the world champion cards have signatures on them like mine?

On a brighter note I got darkrai & cressalia legend bottom :)

Years
  • Well the funny thing is that I bought them from Walmart. They were still in the cardboard backing, with them all still clearly factory sealed.

I am quite confused :/

But did the world champion cards have signatures on them like mine?

On a brighter note I got darkrai & cressalia legend bottom :)

Was it the official cardboard backing or was it some other backing? If you still have the blister pack it was in, could you take a picture of the front and the back?

Yes, they all had the signature of the person who played that deck at the World Tournament. There are several different decks each year that get the World Championship deck treatment.

Cool. (b'-')b

Back