• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hardest Choice I’ve Ever Had To Make

MisterBlue92

I don't want your damn lemons!
Years
  • Just a short little poem about choosing your starter:

Today a new world was planted around me
    When I awoke the sun shined so brighter
    I was greeted with a new world's reign
    And the hardest choice I've ever had to make

Will you ignite a fire deep inside me?
    Or will you be able to put it out?
    Will you arise a forest inside me?
    Or will you summon a storm to send through it?

Either way we'll find out together
    When we go discover a new world
    Over the sea and through the forests
    And when we climb up towards the sun.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Nice little poem. I especially like the last line - climbing up towards the sun kind of makes me think of a plant, so I wonder if the inference is that you chose the Grass-type. In either case . . . I'd suggest giving a little more expansion to each of the ideas put forward in the second stanza. It's all a bit vague and feels a little unfulfilling. I'd elaborate more but it's past midnight, so I hope I helped with what I could salvage from this morass of a brain to splatter out across my keyboard for you.

MisterBlue92

Years
  • Nice little poem. I especially like the last line - climbing up towards the sun kind of makes me think of a plant, so I wonder if the inference is that you chose the Grass-type. In either case . . . I'd suggest giving a little more expansion to each of the ideas put forward in the second stanza. It's all a bit vague and feels a little unfulfilling. I'd elaborate more but it's past midnight, so I hope I helped with what I could salvage from this morass of a brain to splatter out across my keyboard for you.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read and review my poem. The last line was actually about how fire always travels upwards, although it could work as referencing a plant growing towards or it could be taken as being about water vapor travelling up to the sky to form clouds.

You make some good points about the second stanza, to be honest with you the entire purpose of that stanza was to make a reference to the three different starter types (with "summon a storm" being a reference to Pikachu) but I'll try to put a bit more imagery in there when I rewrite this. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts :)

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I got what you were going for with the second stanza, yeah. I couldn't help but feel, though, that each of those could have done with its own stanza, as they're really the focal point of the poem and that doesn't quite come through when they're all in one little block like that.

MisterBlue92

Years
  • I got what you were going for with the second stanza, yeah. I couldn't help but feel, though, that each of those could have done with its own stanza, as they're really the focal point of the poem and that doesn't quite come through when they're all in one little block like that.

I love that idea, I think the reason why it was so short is because I plan to turn this into a song soon so I didn't want it to be too long. I'll definately get working on a seperate stanza for each starter when I sit down to change this, thanks a lot =D

Back