• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hulo

Bowie

The one who came back
Years
  • Ey everyone, I'm Bowie.. digital artist, gamer, the usual. The name is just a short version of my Xbox Live gamertag, allbowdown, and was just sort of given to me by pals since Bowie flows so much nicer. xD

I do primarily Sonic art over on deviantart and I do understand that a lot of people look down on that but it's whatever, I just draw what I like as a hobby since I don't really think I'm looking at a career in the arts, I'd strangle myself if that's all I ever did.

Been a Pokemon fan since way back in the early 90's when the original series was out in America and when pretty much everyone had a GameBoy along with Red, Blue, and/or Yellow and I played up until the original Gold version when I sort of fell out of favor with the series due to the new uninspired designs and the lack of a SP handheld and it wasn't until more recently that I picked up a DS on the cheap to start playing Black with some pals who got me back into it. I enjoy training up my Pokemon for online battles and trying to mix and match to see what works and what doesn't tho I would really like to be able to have a place where I can go to see who's battling and maybe organize some trades to get some of my favorite Pokemon into my game.. since the trade system in the game on its own is very shaky to put it lightly.

I don't know if I'll be super active since I administrate another fairly large forum and have work and art to do pretty often, but I'll try to keep myself at least fairly regular. c=

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • You know, whenever I think of Bowie, I think of David Bowie. :P

Anyways, welcome aboard! Ah, an artist on the block. Not only we have Pokemon fans here, we also have Sonic fans...I do know quite a few. I like to draw sometimes, but I'm a bit on the suckish side, but I try. xD I think the Art Gallery is the perfect place for you to get started. You can create a gallery of your own work, and maybe get a few feedback remarks on them. Hi-five for being a classic gamer like me! I also enjoyed the games from the Game Boy back then. Those were great times, actually. Fortunately many members here reminisce those memories, and talk about the best things that happened when they played those games. My recommendations are both the General Pokemon Gaming Discussions, as well as the Current Pokemon Generation Gaming discussions, since you're a gamer of the classic Pokemon games, as well as a current Black player, you'll find discussions related to the game as well. ^_^

And yes, I understand you're an administrator at a large forum, but at least you can find time to spend time here, right? I hope to see ya around the forums, Bowie! You can always come to myself or Hiidoran if you have any questions or simply need help with something about the forums. Don't forget to read the rules! See ya!

Bowie

The one who came back
    Years
  • I get that... XP

I did notice the mix, though I didn't expect to blatantly realize it right off the bat.

Yeah man Pokemon was best when it was new, if there wasn't online gaming for em now I dunno if I could have been coaxed back in. =P

I went over the rules and they seem pretty vanilla, it's basically "use your head and don't do stupid stuff that makes the site look bad or that is intent on harming other users, be a team player and have fun and there should be no problems" so pretty much use my common sense and everything will be dandy. And I'll find time for this place I'm sure, I don't join a place if I'm not at least mildly interested.

Back