• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: how is it even possible to revive year old threads?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
I've seen moderators get upset about people reviving topics that old, and they lock them, how is it possible to revive those? [don't worry I'll never do it, I have no intention to do so] from what I see, after they get so many pages down, they just disappear out of that forum, [such as Pokemon general] if it is over a year old, it is definitely off the last page, so, it puzzles me, how is it even possible to do so if it is gone off the last page?

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Because at the bottom of the page, there are some options that allow you to see more pages worth of threads, including threads that haven't been posted in for over a month. If you change that setting, you'll be able to see older threads.

The default setting is to hide month old threads, so that prevents most people from even noticing them. Others, however, don't see threads they want to post in so they change the setting to view older threads, and then they post in them, either not realizing they are breaking a rule. or just not caring. -__-

So yeah, that's how. ^__^

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I'd like to add that some boards such as Advance Generation Games are set to show all threads by default, thereby making older threads easier to find.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
You can also find old threads by looking through other people's post history. Because I don't make threads very often, I could quite easily look up threads started by me and revive one about 3 years old!

Years
These threads can also be found on Google searches,

I think that's the main one. Another is that people sometimes link to old threads, whether they do this via a sticky or just a sig, you can end up being sent to a thread without noticing the date.

I don't think the Staff get upset, exactly. They can tell when it's clearly an accident, at which stage they can just lock the thread.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I don't think the Staff get upset, exactly. They can tell when it's clearly an accident, at which stage they can just lock the thread.

They probably get the most upset when someone does it repeatedly, even after warnings. So if you see a mod get upset, that is probably why.

Years
It seems to me that they are upset, every time someone breaks the rules

Because the rules are painfully obvious and simple, and to see them broken over, over, and over again is incredibly annoying to deal with. Are there accidents? Yes. But mostly it's due to a failure to read a few sentences at the top of the page.

Back