• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steve Jobs, Apple Co-Founder, dead at 56 from Pancreatic cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • RIP Steve Jobs

t_title.png

http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/

No matter the technology arms race and PC vs. Mac debates we have, all I have to say is he made it cool to like technology, made MP3's so widespread and having a Tablet cool again. ;___;

AND HE HELPED FOUND AND FUND PIXAR. HE HELPED FOUND AND FUND PIXAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Someone comfort me while I adjust to this tragedy. :'(

Zet

Years
  • Apple has confirmed it: http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/

The only good thing I can say about him is he sure did know how to market stuff to stupid people at expensive prices. RIP Steve Jobs, you won't be seeing the days when Apple starts selling stuff at an affordable price for everyone.

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Beat ya both to it.

Someone comfort me while I adjust to this tragedy.

If this had happened a few days ago, I'd tell you you'd have the iPhone 5 to look forward to. But then it would have been more disappointing. Timing can be quite a Jynx.

Bela

Banned
    Years
  • /me hugs Nick

It seemed as though this was going to happen soon, considering there had been persistent rumors about his health and his resignation as Apple's CEO. Still in all... rest in peace Steve Jobs.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I was seriously shocked when I heard the news. I don't know what exactly to say about this, but it's a sad day. He was sick, and I guess this should have somehow been expected, but this soon? I would have never.

It really is sad, and I expect to hear this news from quite a lot of people from my school, the news, and just everywhere. RIP, Steve Jobs. 1955-2011

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    /me hugs Nick

It seemed as though this was going to happen someday, considering there had been persistent rumors about his health and his resignation as Apple's CEO. Still in all... rest in peace Steve Jobs.
    His resignation letter heavily suggested that he was nearing his end.

Years
  • This honestly made me sad... I now do not hate my MacBook Pro, regardless of it screwing up. I'mma keep it forever :/

Years
  • I'm not an Apple fan. I don't have any iProducts, but losing someone to cancer is a very tough and sad time. I just didn't expect Steve Jobs to die all of a sudden, but I didn't expect my Dad to die all of a sudden as well.

Condolences to Steve Jobs' family and friends on his passing. He was a rare genius in computers and business.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    ...Wow. This a complete shock. Of course something was wrong when he resigned, but... wow. Rest in peace, Steve.

Years
  • This is really sad news. I really didn't expect this.

RIP Steve Jobs. Apple will not be the same.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Shocked really. I'm not an Apple fanatic, but I do like Apple products and funny thing, today I was really considering to start saving for an iPad. No doubt this man changed the world and the way things clicked. One of the heroes and legends of our generation, really. RIP Steve Jobs.

This better be in my kids' history books by the way. Or I better be teaching this to elementary kids when I'm a teacher. Like I said, the guy's a legend. Deserves a place in curriculum really. I mean, his products are already a teaching tool.

Reactions: Zet

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I didn't even know he HAD cancer! ;-; I will be praying for his family...And man, this is such a shock! I figured he stepped down so he could relax. D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back