• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
Years
  • Just thought I'd introduce myself, since I've actually been a member of PC since March, but have never really been active.

Of course, I'm into Pokemon, as well as other Nintendo series (such as Mario, Mother, Metroid, Zelda, etc.), the Persona series, and a few others.

I play a bit of music now and then on my guitar or keyboard, but I'm more of a fan of listening to it!

So, there's a short intro, I guess. As for trading and battling, I can't right now, as I have no access for Gen IV games, and I don't have a DSi for Gen V. So until I get my 3DS in a month (November), I have to sit back and not trade and battle :(

Thanks,
    Dale

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Welcome to the forum Dale.

And you don't need a DSi to trade or battle on Gen V since I seem to have no issue what so ever doing that on my DS Lite. So if you have a standard DS you should be fine.

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • Welcome to the forum Dale.

And you don't need a DSi to trade or battle on Gen V since I seem to have no issue what so ever doing that on my DS Lite. So if you have a standard DS you should be fine.
    I do need a DSi or later, as I have (the far more secure) WPA security on my router, not WEP, and the original and lite DSes only have WEP support. Thanks for the welcome :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hey there, and welcome to the forums, Dale! Kenshin is right about the DS. Even the DS Lite can work on wifi...considering that I do have one and it works pretty fine when it comes to battling and trading. :) Plus, the Gen. 5 games Black & White works really well with the DS Lite...since I've played the game with it before. Go on and try it! You'll be quite satisfied. :)

Anyways, Glad you've made a thread, and glad you've come back. I hope you become much more active than before, and make sure you've given a quick reread of the rules! Have fun~

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • ..Anyways, Glad you've made a thread, and glad you've come back. I hope you become much more active than before, and make sure you've given a quick reread of the rules! Have fun~
    Thanks, again, the problem is the security on my router, the original DS and DS Lite does not support WPA and WPA2.
    And I'm sure I'll be more active, make some contributions to the community, take part in events/tournaments, etc.

Years
  • Hey Dale, welcome to PC :)

Hope you have a good time, I also play a bit of guitar, I have a keyboard but can't really play it ahah. And same I enjoy listening to music more :D

So yeah, welcome man :)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Just thought I'd introduce myself, since I've actually been a member of PC since March, but have never really been active.

Of course, I'm into Pokemon, as well as other Nintendo series (such as Mario, Mother, Metroid, Zelda, etc.), the Persona series, and a few others.

I play a bit of music now and then on my guitar or keyboard, but I'm more of a fan of listening to it!

So, there's a short intro, I guess. As for trading and battling, I can't right now, as I have no access for Gen IV games, and I don't have a DSi for Gen V. So until I get my 3DS in a month (November), I have to sit back and not trade and battle :(

Thanks,
    Dale

Welcome to the forums!

I think you should try to fix your router security settings so that you'll be able to enjoy your games better.

Oh, and I love Pokémon a lot, just like you. Trading is my life! Battling, not so much.

Anyway, I hope that you have a great time here in PC!

Back