• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire/Water/Colorless Deck

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2011
    Hi everyone! I just started playing the TCG, but I've always collected the cards. I just re-started collecting, since my old collection has been stuck in Texas for FOREVER. As a result, I opened an epic TON of packs. One of each type of card I get from each set is put into my collection, and the rest I can play with, so my deck isn't that great.

4 Reshiram
    • [Two Colorless] Outrage - (20+ dmg) Does 10 more dmg for each dmg counter on the Pokemon
    • [Two Fire One Colorless] Blue Flare - (120 dmg) Discard 2 Fire Energy attached to this pokemon
    3 Tepig
    • [One Fire] Tackle - 10 dmg
    • [One Fire One Colorless] Rollout - 20 dmg
    Pignite
    • [Two Colorless] Rollout - 20 dmg
    • [Two Fire One Colorless] Flamethrower - (70 dmg) Discard an Energy attached to this pokemon
    Pignite
    • [One Colorless] Flame Charge - Search your deck for a fire energy card and attach it to this pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterward.
    • [Two Fire One Colorless] Heat Crash - 50 dmg
    Panpour
    • [One Colorless] Scratch - 10 dmg
    • [One Fire Two Colorless] Live Coal - 30 dmg
    Simisear
    • [One Fire] Flame Burst - (20 dmg) Does 20 dmg to 2 of your opponent's benched pokemon (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon)
    • [Three Colorless] Fury Swipes - (40x dmg) Flip 3 Coins. This attack does 40 dmg times the number of heads.
    Lillipup
    • [One Colorless] Collect - Draw a Card
    • [Two Colorless] Tackle - 20 dmg
    Lillipup
    • [One Colorless] Pickup - Put an item card from your discard pile into your hand
    • [One Colorless] Bite - 10 dmg
    Herdier
    • [Two Colorless] Collect - Draw 3 Cards.
    • [Three Colorless] Bite - 50 dmg
    Super Scoop up x 2
    Interviewer's Questions x 1
    Revive x 3
    Energy Retrieval x 4
    Professor Juniper x 3
    Switch x 2
    Great Ball x 1
    Poke Ball x 1
    Pokemon Communication x 2
    Fisherman x 1
    Potion x 2
    Pokemon Catcher x 2
    Energy Switch x 1
    Pokemon Collector x 1
    12 Fire Energy
    2 Double Colorless

As of right now, what I'm trying to do is set it up so that I can get Reshiram out and get energy on him quickly, then retrieve the energy from the discard pile and keep one Reshiram on the bench just in case. I'm excited to hear what you think about it! : ) Sometimes it's great!

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2011
    Reshiram is a great choice for the entire match. What you should do is "swarm" those Reshiram and try to get some Revive into your deck so you have more than 4 times to use Reshiram.

I have 3 revive in it, as well as a TON of energy retrieval type trainers and drawing things to let me get reshirams faster, but for some reason I keep getting stomped : (

Years
  • Oh, I didn't notice those. You're going to a league with this? The reason you get stomped is probably your inexperience (makes a big difference) as well as the fact that you're lacking good draw power in your trainer cards. You want 4 of a card like Professor Oak's New Theory. You also should look at adding the Emboar with the ability Inferno Fandango to get Energy into play faster.

Here's some suggestions to add/drop:

Drop:
    -1 Super Scoop Up
    -1 Energy Switch
    -2 Lilipup
    -1 Herdier
    -1 Pansear
    -1 Simisear
    -1 Revive
    -1 Poke Ball
    -1 Great Ball
    -2 Potion
    -3 Professor Juniper (not so optimal in Reshiboar decks, at least I think)
    -1 Fisherman
    -2 Double Colorless Energy

Add:
    +4 Professor Oak's New Theory
    +4 Junk Arm
    +3 Emboar (the one with the Inferno Fandango Ability)
    +3 Pokemon Collector
    +2 Max Potion
    +1 Pokemon Communication
    +4 Fire Energy
    +2 Pokemon Catcher

Not exactly even, but if you add Emboar, the 14 total Fire Energy is a must. The 4 total Pokemon Collector is a must. 2 more Pokemon Catcher increases your odds against most decks.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • Looks like you double posted, bro. But he's right, if you're using an Emboar-based acceleration, then you don't want to be discarding too much, because as it has been in my personal experience, you burn through too many cards and then you can't recover once you've run out of energies.

If you decide to use the more standard Typhlosion setup, you can use Ninetales and have an intense draw engine, as well as more synergy, at the cost of a slower acceleration and some damage on the pokemon, which works well for Reshiram. And also 1-2 tech Zekroms can do you wonders with a Typhlosion setup, especially against Yanmega Prime users.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2011
    Oh, I didn't notice those. You're going to a league with this? The reason you get stomped is probably your inexperience (makes a big difference) as well as the fact that you're lacking good draw power in your trainer cards. You want 4 of a card like Professor Oak's New Theory. You also should look at adding the Emboar with the ability Inferno Fandango to get Energy into play faster.

Here's some suggestions to add/drop:

Drop:
    -1 Super Scoop Up
    -1 Energy Switch
    -2 Lilipup
    -1 Herdier
    -1 Pansear
    -1 Simisear
    -1 Revive
    -1 Poke Ball
    -1 Great Ball
    -2 Potion
    -3 Professor Juniper (not so optimal in Reshiboar decks, at least I think)
    -1 Fisherman
    -2 Double Colorless Energy

Add:
    +4 Professor Oak's New Theory
    +4 Junk Arm
    +3 Emboar (the one with the Inferno Fandango Ability)
    +3 Pokemon Collector
    +2 Max Potion
    +1 Pokemon Communication
    +4 Fire Energy
    +2 Pokemon Catcher

Not exactly even, but if you add Emboar, the 14 total Fire Energy is a must. The 4 total Pokemon Collector is a must. 2 more Pokemon Catcher increases your odds against most decks.

Thanks! On Sunday I'll see if I can trade for some of those cards, I got lots of doubles recently! : )

Looks like you double posted, bro. But he's right, if you're using an Emboar-based acceleration, then you don't want to be discarding too much, because as it has been in my personal experience, you burn through too many cards and then you can't recover once you've run out of energies.

If you decide to use the more standard Typhlosion setup, you can use Ninetales and have an intense draw engine, as well as more synergy, at the cost of a slower acceleration and some damage on the pokemon, which works well for Reshiram. And also 1-2 tech Zekroms can do you wonders with a Typhlosion setup, especially against Yanmega Prime users.

Thanks for the feedback! I was worried about adding juniper last Sunday because I was afraid of decking out. I'm really careful about it, because that would be a TERRIBLE way to go out! I'm kinda glad that donavan thinks I should take them out.

As for Typhlosion, I'm actually trying to avoid the standard stuff. I'm playing for fun, so it's not as much what I'd like to do. Though today when I opened packs I DID get a Typhlosion Prime : ) It'll look great in my binder!

I messed up my first post.... I have:

Pansear x 3
    Simisear x 2
    Lillipup 1 x 2
    Lillipup 2 x 2
    Herdier x 2

Sorry : ( I only have one of each Pignite, so I lost the system I started with halfway through

Last edited:
    Years
  • The thing about Reshiboar is that it is also a Tier 1 deck, but what Tanaki was getting at is that Reshiram is usually paired with Typhlosion Prime more than Emboar (despite that being the exact opposite case leading up to US Nationals), so if you want a less common Tier 1 deck so you don't get throttled at leagues, Reshiboar is probably the way to go for now, since you're already pretty far along with building it (though completing a TyRam deck would be a little easier because Reshiram and Typhlosion Prime both had promo tins). You should be fine with 2 Pignite.

I forgot to mention that you should add 3 or 4 Rare Candy in there. Would help speed up your deck quite a bit.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2011
    Thanks everyone for all your help!! I played yesterday and didn't get stomped ^_^ I even won a booster pack! Yay!!

Back