• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Victini

#494 Victini: Sinnoh or Unova?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sector

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Clearing things up a bit. Is Victini actually part of the Unova region, or is it really part of Sinnoh? Even though it's not part of the Platinum/Diamond/Pearl games, reason I ask, he is #494 rather than in the back with the Dragons/Cloud Pokemon. First in line, even in front of the Unova STARTER Pokemon. I wonder if this is debatable, and is there a reason why Victini is put right behind Arceus? Is Victini the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi of Sinnoh?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Victini is a pokemon of Unova. It's part of the Unova dex and doesn't appear until 5th Generation. If it was from Sinnoh they would have shown it at some point in the generation.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Victini is a pokemon of Unova. It's part of the Unova dex and doesn't appear until 5th Generation. If it was from Sinnoh they would have shown it at some point in the generation.

Pretty much this. Also the island it lives on is in Unova as well. I don't think it really has any connection to Sinnoh, I'm not sure why they chose to put it in before the starters though. Maybe to make it look like there are less legendaries?

I'm moving this to General though, since it's a discussion and not really a poll imo.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Pretty much this. Also the island it lives on is in Unova as well. I don't think it really has any connection to Sinnoh, I'm not sure why they chose to put it in before the starters though. Maybe to make it look like there are less legendaries?

I'm moving this to General though, since it's a discussion and not really a poll imo.
    Oh sorry..

Still, brings up good questions as to why they listed him the first Unova Pokemon.

Could it be that Victini is challenging Pikachu as the face of Pokemon? :O

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Manaphy is the Mew/Jirachi/Celebi of Sinnoh. It has 100 base stats all across the board. The only thing different is that it can breed into Phione.

So, no. Victini is Unova.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Oh sorry..

Still, brings up good questions as to why they listed him the first Unova Pokemon.

Could it be that Victini is challenging Pikachu as the face of Pokemon? :O

Victini is an attempt made by Nintendo to create another Ash's Pikachu with legeit legendary status.
    so, yes.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Victini is just Unova's version of Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy. As previously mentioned, if Victini was in Sinnoh, then it would've been in D/P/Pt.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    As much as I hate to echo everyone else in this thread, if Victini was in Sinnoh they would've shown it around the DPPt era. All I know is that this is some sort of innovative move from the creators of Pokemon B/W, which is very creative imo. :3;

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Just thought it'd be an interesting topic as to where Victini is set in the National Dex. Thought there was a specific reasoning as to why he's #1 on the Unova section, maybe it's a question that cannot be answered.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Just thought it'd be an interesting topic as to where Victini is set in the National Dex. Thought there was a specific reasoning as to why he's #1 on the Unova section, maybe it's a question that cannot be answered.
    Technically speaking, Victini isn't #001 on the PokeDex. It's #000, meaning it replaces the old missngno. glitched Pokemon.

Back