• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Movie Bucket List

Years
  • Do you keep a list (on paper, in your phone, in your head) of movies you haven't seen and mean to see, or maybe one of recommendations from other people? If you do, what are some of the movies and why haven't you seen them yet? If you don't, why are you even responding to this thread why don't you, and what would persuade you to start one?

~★~

I'm a forgetful person and I'm always seeing movies mentioned here and there and realizing I've always meant to look into them, but always forgetting about them. So I've taken to writing titles down on a board in my room so that I can constantly remind myself about them and hopefully see some.

Right now the top movie is Elizabeth. It's something that literally everyone I know has seen and liked, but I have never gotten to. I think I got turned off by all the praise 'cause too much praise tends to come off as hype to me, but I'm gonna see it soon! hopefully, anyway.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Yes, I have one of those! There are a ton of movies I really want to see and for one reason or another I never got to it in the movies... I've bought the DVDs of some of them and others I still have to seek out; but here they are:

Veronika Decides to Die (2009)
    Valentine's Day (2010) - shut up it has Julia Roberts in it; I have to see it because of her
    Duplicity (2009)
    Rachel Getting Married (2008)
    Gia (1998)
    The King's Speech (2010) - I developed an irrational hatred for this movie around Oscar season last year because it stole all of The Social Network's awards; but now that I've calmed down I'm willing to give it a try.
    TiMER (2009)
    Kramer vs Kramer (1979)
    Girl, Interrupted (1999) - I've always seen bits and pieces but I've never seen it all the way through.
    A Mighty Heart (2007)
    Brokeback Mountain (2005) - No, I haven't seen it. Bad gay man.
    Love and Other Drugs (2010)
    Young Adult (2011) - so enraged that they took this off at cinemas within two weeks of putting it on. I never stood a chance.
    Mona Lisa Smile (2003)

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of. There are various reasons that I haven't seen them; but a lot of the time it's that nobody is interested in going to see it with me and it's very very awkward going to see a romantic comedy by yourself lol.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I have a list of 'YouTube movies' that I feel I should watch. They include: Battleship Potemkin, The 400 Blows, Diary of a Country Priest, Z, The Cabinet of Dr Cagliari and The Last Laugh. They're called 'YouTube movies' because some kind soul has uploaded them to YouTube (duhhhhhhhh)! Most of them are now in the public domain as well, so that's an added ethical bonus.

More generally, however, I don't really like to keep a list of films I want to watch; for the most part, if someone recommends something to me, and I trust that person's judgment, I'll either try and seek it out straight away or forget about it and suddenly remember when DVD shopping. To me, creating a list would make the discovery of something new feel slightly diminished, as it's just one of however-many-films on a list, rather than a new, distinct entity in its own right. At least, that's what psychologically springs to mind.

The only time I've had something I felt I neeeeeeeded to watch was The Godfather. But that was because I bought it when I was 17 and ended up not watching it until I was 21. The length was the biggest factor in this: for the most part, I hate long films. But, eventually, I got sick of everyone telling me I had to watch it... so I did. (And it did live up to its lofty reputation.)

Ayselipera

From my movie list that I just cleared out:

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
    True Grit
    127 Hours
    Into the Wild
    Kill the Irishman
    The Lives of Others
    Reservoir Dogs
    Midnight in Paris
    Memento
    The Fighter
    Schindler's List
    Once Upon a Time in the West
    Legends of the Fall
    The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
    For a few Dollars more
    Pale Rider
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    High Noon
    Invictus
    The Untouchables
    Hunger
    The Duchess
    Amistad
    Gettysburg
    Ed Wood
    Raging Bull
    Jeremiah Johnson

and of course The Hobbit when it comes out. AS IN THEATERS.

There are tons more that I have been wanting to see I just have not touched this list in forever. So besides clearing out what I have seen I haven't added anything to it. I really like Westerns and so a majority of them are on the list lolol. I haven't watched one in so long though. :(

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Ayselipera said:
    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Let me save you a little time, you'll thank me later. Here is an excerpt from the most hilarious review I have ever read:

Imagine the following scenario: you're invited to a tea party at Scrooge McDuck's house, along with twenty other people. Scrooge McDuck being his generous self, all guests have to share one tea bag. Got that? Good. Now, the fluid in your cup would still have more flavour than "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides". And at least the invitation wouldn't have cost you money.

Also, here is a link to my own review of the movie.

More on topic, I have found more movies I wanted to see :P

Revolutionary Road
    (2008)
    Carnage (2011)
    Kill Bill, Vol 2
    (2004)

Back