• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Falls through hole in roof*

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    *Dusts self off*

Well it's been such a helluva long time since I last logged in I thought I might as well check up on the forum that I wasted so many hours on. I was hoping to see if all of the old folkies that knew me where still here because they helped me get through a pretty rough spot in my life.

I'd just like to say that for the longest time this forum was my only human contact. Pathetic- yeah? During the golden years of my time here both my parents died (I never believe I mentioned this), my grandparents were home schooling me, and I never was able to see anyone outside of a small circle of family members. The Internet (and especially this forum), books, and games were my means of escape from the rote boredom of life. On here I found people who were similar to myself in attitudes and interests and I felt like I somehow belonged to something greater than myself. Some might say, "Get over yourself man, it's just a forum." And sure, when it all boils down to it it is just a forum about Pokémon. But the people are the ones who effected me the most, and to them my hat tips.

I thought I'd catch everyone up on how my life is going. I switched my university major to Nursing and I'm going to be graduating in the Fall with a B.S. in that field (Having sacrificed my summers I'm able to graduate a year and a half early). At present I'm planning on dedicating my life to traveling around the world with few possessions and just helping people. When I do graduate I'll be working for the Red Cross in Germany for training before I get shipped somewhere in Latin America or India. I'd rather die in a muddy ditch somewhere having done something rather than sit on my ass in some office while life passes me by.

Cheers, PC. You're the best.

Love,
    VC

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Oh my, that is a long time! And I'm very, very sorry about your parents though. The best thing is that you have support to help you move on with life, family members, as well as friends altogether. Good thing to know that PC helped you a lot with the boredom.

Welcome back to PC though. I guess I could call you one of those "oldie but goodie" members? Since you were around during the early times. xD You've got a ton of stuff to catch up on, especially the new Black & White information coming out daily!

Oh, and btw...you might want to some cleanup in your profile, especially your VMs. They're filled with adbot spam while you were gone

So, hope you do decide to stick around, and maybe we could be friends? Leave me a VM if you like to talk, or PM myself or Snivy if you're confused with anything around the forum, ok? Have fun on your return and I shall see ya!

Years
  • Hey there and welcome back to PC. Sorry to hear all that stuff happened but like Meganium said at least you got through it and PC helped in some way or another. The community is still nice as ever so if you decide to stick around you'll be very much welcomed. :) Anyways hope everything goes well, and hope to see you around. :)

Back