• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Help

Years
  • Someone please tell me how to use visual editor correctly. I am trying to connect two outdoor maps. Like so:
    monl

But then when I test it, THIS happens:
    moo4

I can't see my character, and the game is basically bugged. Any help on how to fix this?

Le code in connections.txt:
    Code:
    # Puyehue National Park (41) - Puyehue National Park (40)
    41,South,67,40,North,0

My thanks to all who help.
    ~HankMan

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Your character not appearing has nothing to do with the Visual Editor. Make sure the ground tiles have a priority of 0, and that you've used pbChangePlayer(0) or something to set the player in the first place.

The connection itself looks fine. Try closing and opening the game again and compile the changes.

Years
  • Yes, I have set the player. I don't know why, but this only happens when the maps are connected. If they aren't then there aren't any bugs. It only confuses me more since my character not appearing has nothing to do with the Visual Editor. And yes, all the ground tiles have a priority of 0.
    And then, when the maps aren't connected, everything is normal. Like so:
    mxJC

I really don't know what to do here. Oh and by the way, my game forces you into being a boy character. Does this have any side-effects like this?

I opened up the game, compiled the changes, and everything but then the game gets bugged. If there are no further solutions to this, can I just take the easy way out by using that building that separates routes that appears in the 4th and 5th gen games?

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    I have the same problem and all of it is because "SnapEdges"is True.
    So, when I turned it off, there are no problems anymore.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    pbChangePlayer(0) is the male player, pbChangePlayer(1) is female, as put within Metadata, unless you have changed it, so make sure when you give the player option of choice, male or female, that the options are correctly set.

SnapEdges works fine, I use that within my game, so that, is nothing to do with any problems you have... Despite noting when it's off it's fine! Unless your problem is because of joined maps.

looking at your printscreen, you left a little gap, when I join maps together I overlap sleightly, try that maybe.

Back