• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Sootopolis City

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
  • I was reliving the nostalgia of Sapphire the other day, and I remembered when I first played how difficult it was for me to find this darn city! Steven told me to meet him there and I was like "Sure! OK!" And I went around that island about seven times before it occurred to me that I should check underwater. :embarrass

Did anyone else experience this "duh!" moment, or is it just me?

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    [SIZE="a"]I was the exact same way.....I got so mad at that place xD[/SIZE]

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I had a guide, so I didn't quite experience that one. :P
    I honestly don't know how I would have survived any Pokemon game without a guide, so stuff like this never really happened to me! That being said, I did think it was kinda cool to have the entrance to a major island city be underwater, but I'm always a big fan of water in Pokemon games anyway.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think I had found it already because I was exploring, so I was just like "o ok see ya" and flew there haha. So no, I never had one of those moments.

Years
  • I honestly don't know how I would have survived any Pokemon game without a guide, so stuff like this never really happened to me! That being said, I did think it was kinda cool to have the entrance to a major island city be underwater, but I'm always a big fan of water in Pokemon games anyway.
    I got along fairly well without a guide in every other game I played before R/S/E. I feel like the NPCs give enough hints that you can figure out what to do on your own. I surfed around that crater for AGES and even with all of the dark patches of water it honestly never occurred to me that the city entrance was underwater.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Well that was the only Gen I used a guide, but even if I didn't it seemed fairly easy to find once you start Surfing south of Mossdeep. Then head west and there is a circular deep portion. And I kind of new this was an area to get Clampearl anyways so I just dove and found the entrance at the south portion of the Dive area on 126.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I had a guide, so... but I would probably be pulling my hair out if I didn't have one. At least you can fly through the crater opening after the first visit... using Dive each time would be a royal pain...

Why must so many towns in these games be so bizarre?

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I don't remember having too much trouble finding Sootopolis the first time, but whenever I replay any of RSE, I always get lost whenever I encounter that string of sea routes. Even if it is fairly obvious which area to Dive in to get to the city...

Years
  • I was actually looking for Seafloor Cavern when I just got Dive, but I ended up finding Sootopolis City instead... that's actually one of my least favorite cities just because it's too difficult to find and the inside is really confusing too. Imagine if you lived there. You would have to have a flying or water type Pokemon just to visit somewhere else... kinda like Hawaii.

Years
  • I can't remember exactly why I was using Dive, but I know I found Sootopolis by accident like a few others did. I didn't have a guide, so I was lucky that I didn't have to spend too much time looking for it.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Oh yes that place was so annoying xDD

I can't recall what happened back then but I kept on looking on the Town Map if I was there already and I would get annoyed if I'm close to Sootopolis and couldn't find it yet xD

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    When I played RSE for the first time, I had yet to discover the internet. So it took a while for me to find a way to get into Sootopolis. I wandered around aimlessly and ran around for a few days before I asked a friend of mine, and he just told me to dive. And the rest is history.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Oh yeah I had a lot of trouble to find it... I was pretty young and I didn't think I had to dive at all. I used Strenght and every other HM I could on the giant rock but obviously it didn't work... Thanks to my older cousin I reached Sootopolis City after he explained me how to do ^^'

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2013
    First time playing Ruby I was surfing around like a jackass looking for Sootopolis City It was like if a tour submarine was heading there the tour guide would say " and here's a jackass who can't get to Sootopolis" cause I was there so long.

Years
  • I can't remember if there was a character that hinted it was underwater or if it was sheer luck that I eventually found it but I remember it took a while :D I'm pretty sure I kept looking at the map going "But I'm ON it!!! It should be here!!" lol :D

Back