• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Player is on top of building

Years
  • Hey all,

I was trying to learn how to use RMXP with Essentials and when I put in a building, the player is on top of the roof. Is there a way to make the player look like he's walking behind the building?

I don't want to make that area unwalkable because someone could totally walk there, I just think it looks funny that he's walking on top of the building rather than behind it. =)

I've attached a picture to try to explain it better. :P

Years
  • Ok, I had the building on the third layer, which layer should it be on in order for the player to not be on top of it? I know it's a nooby question, but I looked around and couldn't find an answer. =P

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    It's not a problem with the layers, it's a problem with the priority of the roof tiles.

Go to the Database (F9), and into the Tilesets tab. Find the tileset you want, then the roof tiles, and change their priority to 1 (or higher). Higher priority tiles are shown above lower priority tiles (the player's feet have an effective priority of 0.5, and their head a priority of 1.5).

Years
  • Thank you, Maruno. =)

I didn't know about priorities... I suppose the next order of business is to study that part of the program. ;)

Back