• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Platinum Team?

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2015
    This is a Platinum team that from what I know is all legit. I traded for Celebi, Flygon, and Lanturn. So don't murder me about having hacked Pokemon. I just chose my favorites.

Celebi
    Natural Cure
    Adament
    Life Orb
    252Atk/252 Speed/4 SpAtk
    Heal Bell
    Seed Bomb
    Zen Headbutt
    Toxic/AncientPower

This is support. When everyone has rested, it comes in, Heal Bells, then does some other stuff depending on the opposing Pokemon.

Froslass
    Snow Cloak
    Modest
    Focus Sash
    252 SpAtk/252 Speed/4 Def
    Shadow Ball
    Ice Beam
    Destiny Bond
    Rest

Basically, Froslass comes in, Destiny Bonds, and at least takes out one Poke.

Lucario
    Inner Focus
    Wise Glasses
    Modest
    252 SpAtk/252 Speed/4 Def
    Aura Sphere
    Dragon Pulse
    Water Pulse
    ??????

Lucario is just a beast. Water Pulse is for those nasty fire/ground types. SPECIAL SWEEPER

Togekiss Serene Grace
    Leftovers
    Timid
    252 Speed/252 SPAttk/4 Def
    Aura Sphere
    Air Slash
    Thunder Wave
    Rest

Togekiss is very annoying. It has Air Slash because it is BORN to abuse Serene Grace. It T-Waves, then Air Slashes and gets crits 60%.

Flygon Levitate
    Adament
    Choice Scarf
    252 Speed/252 Atk/4 Def
    Earthquake
    Outrage
    Stone Edge
    U-Turn

Lead. He either EQ's or Outrages. Depending on what is out. Physical sweeper. When injured, U-Turn.

Lantern Volt Absorb
    Bold
    Leftovers
    252 Def/252 HP/4 SpDef
    Aqua Ring
    Surf
    Rest
    Thunderbolt

Special Tank. Sets up Aqua Ring, And recovers 3/16 of health each turn. Switches in when Togekiss is in and someone has Electric moves.

So, how does it look?

I need another move for Lucario.
    Thanks

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Why physical Celebi? It's better on the special side. But if you're using it physically, at least use this:
    -Swords Dance
    -Baton Pass
    -Seed Bomb
    -Zen Headbutt/Recover/Heal Bell
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe or 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

For Togekiss, don't you mean "flinch" for Air Slash? It doesn't cause crits. It's better off with a bulkier spread which doesn't need much Speed:
    -Thunder Wave
    -Air Slash
    -Aura Sphere/Substitute/Nasty Plot
    -Roost (don't use Rest, unless you use Sleep Talk as well, are using ChestoRest or have the Natural Cure ability)
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/188 Def/68 SDef
    Ability: Serene Grace

Rest is useless on Froslass; it's too defensively frail to use it effectively. Replace it with Taunt to force the opponent to attack Froslass. Change the item to Focus Sash so that Froslass can attack, survive a potentially fatal hit and KO back with Destiny Bond. If you can afford to re-breed, make Spikes go over Shadow Ball.

On Lanturn, Aqua Ring is a waste of a move slot because it has better things to do. You can also make Lanturn a parafusionist in case Togekiss goes down:
    -Thunder Wave
    -Confuse Ray
    -Thunderbolt/Discharge
    -Surf/Ice Beam
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 36 HP/220 Def/252 SDef
    Ability: Volt Absorb

Make Lucario a Choice Specs user. Water Pulse doesn't offer much coverage:
    -Aura Sphere
    -Dark Pulse
    -Dragon Pulse/Hidden Power (Rock)