• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Time for some Sage advice!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So how many Sages did you guys find post-game? Which seemed the most interesting? How else could've the Sages played a bigger role post-game or would you rather them not be involved at all? Discuss the sages and their post-game roles. n_n

Note: Don't mention where they're found as I know some of the recent members aren't here aren't up to this part yet. Plus Cyclone probably still hasn't.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I managed to find all 6 of them after reading up on their locations. I think GameFreak could've done more for them by making them battle you when you find them.

Years
I found three or four and then just gave up lol. (I'm not really one for postgame) I do wish you would've gotten to fight them, but NO the gym leaders had to take care of them. Pfft.

I found whichever one who hid in cold storage during the main game the most interesting because I found it funny how, well, stupid he was :P

^^I would've liked to battle them when I found them. It would've been fun and an extra bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Spoiler:
during the main game the most interesting because I found it funny how, well, stupid he was :P

Haha, I thought that too :p I know I found that one but I cant remember many others.
Spoiler:
Well I really can't remember.

I think it would have been cool if you got to battle them when we found them, and they could all specialize a type according too their robe, knda like a gym battle. It would be cool if an actual Police vehicle came, and you could visit them in jail somewhere lol. Anyway, they could have done a lot more with them, but they were still fun to find :)

P.S Golurk, next time please don't give away the locations without spoiler tags, as there are some members on the forum who haven't found all of them yet :)

Zupplu

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Note: Don't mention where they're found as I know some of the recent members aren't here aren't up to this part yet. Plus Cyclone probably still hasn't.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Don't worry. I already watched a Youtube video (spoiler alert). Also, it's common knowledge that one is in Relic Castle where you can find a Volcarona (I may go about catching it even though I have my own), but I won't list any others. I am not even looking for them at all right now (including Relic Castle), and the Darmanitan I will get when I bother going to the area again. It's winter and there's just too much I want to do in-game to worry about it otherwise, and there's lots of time to finish the post-E4 stuff before doing the final E4, though I need to check out the winter sandstorms on Route 4 and go find Relicanth somewhere in the water there...in the meantime, I have a highly trained Corsola, it's higher-leveled than all but two Unova Pokémon (Zoroark and Hydreigon) in my PC and party right now.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I found all of the Sages. I really liked the one who mentioned that they don't even know if Ghetsis is N's father. I really liked their role, because the Sages opened up the door to sequels--their departing messages left a lot of loose ends to be tied up. I also found that the TMs they gave were quite sinister and reflected Team Plasma's scheme (Hone Claws, Nasty Plot...), so it was another thing I enjoyed about them. The only thing I would change is that I wish their individual characters had been developed more. Even Concordia and Anthea had more personality than them.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I found them all with very little trouble. It's a shame that they didn't do much. It would've been nice to get to battle them or for them to try and escape and for you to have to chase them down or for you to have to follow a bunch of leads to find each one of them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
They just... kinda submitted to their being taken into custody.

Possibly they did that because they figured you were going to make the best choice in the end or that they didn't entirely believe in the whole freeing Pokemon thing?

Back