• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone seen today's DBGT?(possible spoiler for those who haven't seen it)

How did you like DragonBall GT?

• It was great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was good!

• It was horrible!

• Total voters

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
  • Here in NY, Toonami aired the final episode of GT. My favorite part was the scene from 100 years into the future, when Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. were fighting, and Pan thought she saw Goku. What about you guys?

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • Ah yes that episode.That was on months ago here in Australia.But yeah it is a good episode.It is sad knowing that there is no more episodes.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    There's actually a movie in GT, but it won't give any more information on the ending. It's just like all the other movies in the Dragonball series.

Not bad for a dub though...

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • I remember that episode. I saw it in japense when they aired it on the International Channel (this is my 3rd time seeing it. two times in japanese and one time in english). didn't understand a word said but i love that one. it my favorite of the show.

It was sad. Seeing the end of a great show. It just got me thinking about see the show finales of the other shows like pokemon and yuyu haosho.

I just saw a commercal that said they going to show the "Lost Episodes" starting next week. I seen those to. they pretty good. now i able to see them in ENGLISH.

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • It's good to know that the Black Star Saga will be coming to CN next weekend. I've seen all of GT in Japanese, but I don't have enough skills in the language to understand EVERYTHING they say.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The Lost episodes are already available on DVD. CN is just dragging things out.

By the way, I read this awhile ago. When the heck is Toonami going to redux the Saiyan Saga with the current voices, like they're supposed to?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    It's not toonami,it's FUNImation that's going to be redubbing the episodes that Saban had done.

SS4Gotenks

I Love Sasha!
    Years
  • It was a pretty good ending. That grandma Pan sure did turn into a hag. hehehe. I liked Pan when she was a baby. [/Spoiler]So what did happen when the dragonballs went into Goku? I also saw that GT movie called Hero's Legacy and Vegeta Jr. never appeared so I was surprised, plus in that movie Goku Jr. got his S.S. powers so I guess that part near the end was after the movie?

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • Hopefully when the "Vegeta Saga" airs (yes, that's the official name of the redub. I like Saiyan Saga Redux myself, but what're ya gonna do?), we won't hear any more "Send to another dimension" stuff anymore.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    No bother to me since I've seen it all uncut back in Mexico before I moved to the US ^^ But I would like to see what it sounds like with FUNImation's cast, I've seen the Saban crap and it was oddO_o

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • SS4Gotenks said:
    It was a pretty good ending. That grandma Pan sure did turn into a hag. hehehe. I liked Pan when she was a baby. [/Spoiler]So what did happen when the dragonballs went into Goku? I also saw that GT movie called Hero's Legacy and Vegeta Jr. never appeared so I was surprised, plus in that movie Goku Jr. got his S.S. powers so I guess that part near the end was after the movie?
    Shenlong made it clear that there would be no longer any wishes to be made for over 100 years in order to clear up the mess that had been made from building up negative energy. Goku went along due to the fact that he kept attracting villains. Vegeta Jr wasn't in the TV SPECIAL (it's not a movie) because the Son family and the Briefs family seemed to have broken off contacts after a while (clearly obvious since Pan was able to recognize the girl who resembled Bulma whereas the girl could no recognize Pan). Plot holes continue EVEN TO THE END of GT. How? Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr have no **** way of possibly going Super Saiyajin because of their blood being more tainted with human blood than Saiyajin blood, yet Pan was never able to go Super Saiyajin yet had more Saiyajin blood in her than those two boys.

I hated the dub of this episode. :\ They completely killed the ending by putting in voices for the flashbacks. Originally, Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku was supposed to play during these scenes as Goku walked out of the stadium. The narrator absolutely sucked since he STILL had that ominous tone in his voice, where as the original narrator was supposed to sound like a normal guy who was watching the series. The original farewell was sadder considering it was more among the lines of "Thank you Son Goku and the Dragon Ball world for all the time and memories we shared. May we see eachother another day.." Suprised they kept "THE END" though.

And before anyone asks the dumbest question, there is NO Dragon Ball AF and there is NOTHING after GT. The Dragon Ball series is entirely finished (with the exception of the final Z movies to be dubbed).

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • No, AF does somewhat exist. It's just in the form of a fan-made manga. And trust me, most message boards I visited had people asking if anything else after GT would be aired/dubbed/made.

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • Indeed, AF is a doujinshii. My cousin has a few of it in a collected doujinshii mag she found. But it's totally screwed up, and of course, not official.

Anyway, we can't prove Pan didn't become Super Saiyan because of diluted blood. Maybe it's because females cannot become Super Saiyan. Maybe she couldn't reach the requirements for some reason.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Actually, I believe it was indeed confirmed at some point by the creators that Pan's blood had more human in it than Saiyajin. o_o In fact..

Daizenshuu #7 states that Pan cannot go SSJ due to the Saiyan blood in her being too diluted. However, we blatantly see both Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. able to go SSJ (almost with no problem) in the end of DBGT. The daizenshuu was written long before GT was nearing this part of the series; they had no way of knowing just what direction the show would take. GT's showing Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. going SSJ kills off the "diluted" blood theory, but still does not answer if Pan ever could / ever did go SSJ (especially in that "100 years" time between events in the last DBGT episode).

Taken from Daizenshuu EX's site. GT pretty much killed the point of it. :\

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • I've been going to Daiz Ex for about two years (yeah, that's me that won their last contest), but I don't recall ever seeing that.

Back