• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi guys! Working on a new card game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Hi everyone,

A buddy and I are debuting a card game we've been prototyping. We take user submitted sketches and reimagine them to be part of the game. Hope you guys find it interesting

We appreciate feedback and support! See our story below

2 years ago, my nephew Niko, showed me a sketchbook he had been keeping, with monsters that he had drawn. I told him that if he wanted me to, I would redraw them and turn them into a card game that he could play his friends with. He loved the idea. However, after I drew them, I felt my artwork wasn't good enough. It needed to be "cooler". So my buddy and I looked for a more professional artist to reimagine the sketches. I designed a card game and am now having them professionally printed so they look legit. All the artwork, names and abilities, are based off of my nephews sketches and notes. He even thought of a homeworld called "Aplones" (ah-plo-nez), where all these creatures lived. Then I started thinking, "Man, I wish someone would have done this for me. I would totally pay for it too." Then it hit me, maybe there are others who like me, and Niko, are thinking the same thing. So, with the help of my buddy Rob, we created Aplones. It's not pretty and it's far from slick. However, if you or someone you know might be interested in something like this, and you would like to be notified when we are ready to take orders, please register for a notification on aplones. You can also like us at facebook

Do you guys think this might be interesting? Like the art style? What questions do you have?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cid

Years
  • I do think it's interesting! I'm really apprehensive about checking unfamiliar sites linked to me in the Internet, but looking at your Facebook page, it seems that you guys really put a lot of work into it! The art is very detailed and professional-looking, like something from Magic the Gathering or similar TCGs, so I commend you guys for the great progress you've made with it so far. The bad news is, I'm not sure where in the PokéCommunity forums threads like this belong exactly, if at all. New Users / Welcome is not that place, though, that's something I'm sure about at least. We only handle introductions and reintroductions apart from our special stickied threads here, so sadly, this thread doesn't fit in any of those. :(

But monstersupport, if you'd still like to post in our community as a casual member, exclusive of solely informing people about your project, then you're still free to make another thread that introduces yourself. :) I'm not sure if you'd do that, since you seem to have joined this forum with promoting your project as top priority, but I can't say for sure. Whatever the case, I wish you luck and success with your card game project, man.

With this thread being out of place here, I'll have to close this.
    3LFWq.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back