• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello everyone

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2020
    It all started when I was an innocent little boy who stole his younger sister's Game Boy to play Pokemon Blue (/shameface). My favorite starter was Squirtle and I always, unimaginatively, named Gary "asshat". Then in grade school, this group of girls used to bully me. I got them to stop by helping the gang leader beat Pokemon Yellow (/coolface).

Several years later, I got nostalgia. I googled "rom" and "emulation". And my life changed forever.

I also looked up several pokemon sites, but I think this is the one that will suit me the most.

I'm especially interested in LPs (although I've never actually made one, but I think I eventually will).

Oh, and I picked the nickname "Da_Man32" because "Da_Man" was taken. :-p

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Hey there Da Man and welcome to PC!
    Haha i guess your lucky your sister had the game, nice of you to join us!
    I actually have a really close to Pokemon Yellow myself, since i met my best friend thanks to the game. He was playing it at the playground, and he lost his gameboy's battery cover without noticing it. I saw it and gave it back to him...and to this day we are still best friends :D and that's also the story of how i got introduced to Pokemon basically.

I guess sooner or later we all hit that nostalgia phase, after haven't playen in like forever, and that's basically how i found this site myself. If you are interested in roms, you should check out the Emulation and Game Development section.

LP's are a pretty cool thing, i actually did a few myself, i hope you have fun doing them yourself, i thought it was a pretty cool experience. Anyways, if you need anything, feel free to message me or one of the Mods, we all love to help out :D

Have fun and see you around!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2020
    Thanks. Yeah, I guess I'll take the time to explore a bit. This site's really big (in a good way).

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2020
    Uh, the challenges look fun. Because sometimes the old games get too easy but you're not really bored of them, you know? I did a nuzlocke of Crystal once but I didn't post it anywhere, and that's why I'd like to do an LP now. I think a challenge would be more fun if you shared it with people.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Challenges definitely seems like a good place to start! I'm doing one myself as we speak, and they are a great way to replay your old games in a whole new way. I guess it would be fun to share this experience with people too, why not? :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2020
    Hey, why don't you link me to your challenge? I'll definitely check it out!

I'll probably check out the Battle Center as well. I'll mostly be lurking, though. :-p

Last edited:
    Years
  • Awww it's a Minccino! <3; I love that Pokemon! Welcome to the forum, Da_Man, wonderful to have you here with us.

Hah, at first I named my rival Gary since I was following the anime but then started naming them sillier names just to get laughs every time someone in the game talked about them. Brings back so many memories. I name them after their official names now since it's not so amusing to give them rude names now that I'm older, eheh.

A lot of members stumble upon PC after searching for hacks so you're definitely not alone. I wouldn't have found out about the forum when I did if it weren't for the amazing Shiny Gold hack so I always have a special place in my heart for that game even if it was never completed. Do you have a favorite hack or official Pokemon game, by any chance? And what do you think about the cuddly little Cinccino? Hopefully you like it as much as I do. *~*

I sincerely hope this is the forum that will suit you most, though. PC is unique since it has a nicer community feel and has some of the most appealing themes of any Pokemon forum out there. There are just so many reasons why people get attached to this place, but that's for you to figure out. Enjoy your stay and if you ever need help, you're more than welcome to message me or Cid, the other moderator of this section. See you around~

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2020
    Yeah, exactly how I feel about Gary nicknames. Guess I matured :-p

My favorite hacks? I'm not really that experienced, but I'd probably say Fire red Omega. It's like playing one of my childhood games, but now it's actually challenging, and I also love the starters, and all the extra Pokemon you get. I haven't checked Shiny Gold, although I hear it's awesome. Cincinno's great, cuddly and powerful. Thanks for the welcome! I'll make sure to ask you if I need anything.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I posted some links on your profile, you should check them out mate ;)
    I'm sure you'll like a lot of the hacks on our emulation board, make sure to try out a few!!

Gusano2314

Worm Launcher :U
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    Welcome to the makai!
    have fun in this forum, and dat cinccino.
    PD: Cirno is a baka!

Back