• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: 1337, March 05: Pok?mon :: Shadows of Eternity

What do you REALLY think of my hack?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Pok?mon :: Shadows of Eternity

aaaashadows.png

.::Story::.

Since the dawn of time the cosmic fates pronounced the rivalry between the darkness and the light. For eons the two beings fought, whether it be through nature or through utter destruction, until the twins fell to sleep in the bodies of powerful titans... the dragons, Solexun and Malevolans. The time has come to awake them...

.::Features::.
    :: New starters
    :: Over 25 new pokemon (perhaps more)
    :: New Plotlines
    :: Absolutely new areas
    :: New Gyms
    :: New Characters
    :: Fun sidequests
    :: Around 7 legendary's
    :: Much more!
    :: OFFICIAL SITE

.::Selected Screenshots::.
    While viewing these, bear in mind that there are many more screenshots spread throughout the thread. To fully enjoy a taste of what my game will offer, and how progress is coming along, please search through the rest of thread. These are the best.

ascreenshot4.png
    ascreenshot5.png
    ascreenshot11.png
    ascreenshot25.png
    ascreenshot18.png
    ascreenshot29.png

.::Eternity Staff::.

::::Storyline
    :: blueguy
    ::::Spriters
    :: SoniChaos
    :: squiq
    ::::Mapping

On a sidenote this is a hack of Pok?mon Sapphire.

Last edited:

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Thanks! :) Out of place? How so? Yes, if you could sprite new heroes that'd be great! Hey, Twilight, do you know anything about Textediting and Eventediting? I'm really quite *sings Madonna song*like a virgin *stops singing* in that way... ;)

Last edited:

.::t w i l i g h t::.

Look! I blink!
    Years
  • No, sorry. And I mean the tiles are messed up. It's supposed to be a plain tile. Also, are you using Elitemap or Advancemap? Elite map is much better. You can even change the labels and the music. Look for it in Tools Showcase...
    I also noticed you have the wrong tile on the right side of the door to the temple..Good luck.

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    .::t w i l i g h t::. said:
    No, sorry. And I mean the tiles are messed up. It's supposed to be a plain tile. Also, are you using Elitemap or Advancemap? Elite map is much better. You can even change the labels and the music. Look for it in Tools Showcase...
    I also noticed you have the wrong tile on the right side of the door to the temple..Good luck.

Yeah, about the door. Originally I was going to make it a doubledoor, but it didn't look right. I use Elitemap. As for the mountain tiles, I wasn't really sure, which were which. :P I'm going to fix it though.

.::QUICK UPDATE::.

At the beginning instead of the sequence with Birch and the Poochyena, I'd like to make it so that the professor asks you to go atop the mountain to retrieve something he left behind when researching. When you get there a certain event will occur that sheds light upon the legend. When you return I'd like to have it so that you are able to choose your pokemon from the Prof. like older games...

Unfortunately I have no freaking idea how to code events to my liking so... yeah... if you know how: I beseech you! Help me!

I'm off to fix the mountain and temple. ;)

.::EDIT - UPDATE::.

ascreenshot3.png

The full map of Ephrill Town, with both Temple and Mountain repaired. This would obviously be if it were sunny, but the day shall begin with a Storm, as shown in the screenshots in my first post.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2022
    Well.... nice map, there's a tile error at the bottom left corner though.....this hack is looking good, keep it up.

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Yes... I'll fix it. ;) You know what REALLY sucks though. I tried to change an image and it totally made my file wonky, so I had to upload it again... atleast I have the image to work from. :P After all ze mapping is done... all I need is events and text... of which I need desperately... *HINT HINT* to anyone who knows and is willing to help. ;)

.::UPDATE!::.

Yay! With some help from a friend I've finally been able to upload a custom sprite. I won't show the starters or give their names just yet, but I will give a preview as to what they are.

Grass Starter :: Grassy Dog
    Types :: Grass / Ground

Fire Starter :: Fire Dinosaur
    Types :: Fire / Steel (Possibly)

Water Starter :: Water Dragon
    Types :: Water / Dragon

I even have a screen with the Grass starter... however I'll hold off on it for the time being.
    IF YOU CAN HELP IN ANY WAY PLEASE ALERT ME OF THAT FACT! :) SPECIFICALLY EVENT AND TEXT EDITING!

Last edited:

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Thanks a lot! That's going to replace the lab. :) Hmmm... Since I should give an update... I will! Surprise! It's a screenshot of the grass starter! :) In the meanwhile I'll work on doing back and mini-sprites for all of Eternity's new pokemon.

.::Screenshot!::.

ascreenshot4.png

That there is Terruff (Terra + Ruff), the Grass dog as mentioned above! I'm so excited that I finallly got him into the game! :D

Legality:

Despite the fact that parts of official Pokemon sprites were used in the creation of Terruff, Terruff is still original and (c) Copyright to me, meaning that you may not use it without my explicit permission.

Last edited:

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    This is really good. Your first map is perfect and the temple is so cool. I love grass starters so its a perfect look.

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Thank you both so much! :) Now I'll have to do its backsprite. I have an update... Wahoo! :) It's a screenie of Hydrorn! The water starter!

.::Update - Screenshot::.

ascreenshot4.png
    ascreenshot5.png

The first is old, but the second is Hydrorn: the water dragon! Hydrorn comes from Hydro and Horn. I hope you likes!

Next I'm off to sprite the backsprites for Terruff so I can show you some battle examples! :) IF YOU CAN ASSIST ME IN ANY WAY, PLEASE CONTACT ME THROUGH PM OR THE THREAD.THANKS

Legality

Although Hydrorn and Terruff used select parts from officialized Pokemon sprites, they are still original and (c)Copyright to me. You may not use them in any way, shape or form without my explicit permission. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Hydrorn is really cool too your a really good spriter

Last edited:

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
  • Though you are new to RomHacking, I see you have a talent for Mapping. Those are really cool maps. If you need any help feel free to PM me.

~ CC

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Cool Cr@cker said:
    Though you are new to RomHacking, I see you have a talent for Mapping. Those are really cool maps. If you need any help feel free to PM me.

~ CC

Thanks! :) I'll be sure to, since I'm fairly lost in other aspects aside from visual.

Pichu1 said:
    Hydrorn is really cool too your a really good spriter

Thanks very much! :) The next update I will unveil is the Fire Starter, but I can't do it just yet, since I've gotta go to school. ;)

EDIT -

For some reason my ROM only goes white now... I'm really, really pissed. Why is this. Anybody know?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    awsome i cant wait for the fire starter wounder wich starter im going to choos

i know how to fix your problem get a new clean rom and you will have to do all the maps again (unless you save and load the) aand insert the sprites again

Last edited:

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Well... I can tell you the advantages of each... Terruff has some good dark and ground attacks. He's fairly good, but Hydrorn has very good defense and learns dragon attacks. Ignewt is pretty cool too. It learns bite as its very first attack, and also learns Hyper Beam as its last. They're all pretty good. ;)

EDIT -

I guess I'll have to... It's not that big a prob. since I only uploaded two sprites, but this would be the second time I would have to redo Ephrill Town. *Yarrr!* *Stares menacingly with eyepatch!*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    i cant wait to see the fire starter sprite

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back