• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Donating [Subscription]

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • Just wondering, if I donate through the subscription service, if I stop the subscription in, say, four or five months (=10$), do I retain Tier 4 Status or do I drop to the newly-applicable one (in this case, 10$ = Tier 2)?

Also, if I choose USD instead of CAD (I'm in Canada), which is a 0.50$ difference, am I penalized? The Canadian dollar is stronger atm so subscriptions should, in theory, cost less or be on-par with USD. Every 20$USD is equivalent to 18.80$CAD (-1.20$CAD conversion, since, again, our money is "better"). Do I have to select CAD because I'm in Canada, or can I select USD and have it converted (thus ultimately being cheaper)?

Also, is 1$sub to 2$ a recent change? The Donation Post says it's 1$/mo USD but the CP says 2$USD.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure when you donate through paypal, it converts to USD for you when sending to Rukario. Your donation amount is based off USD.

Right now, the Canadian dollar is slightly weaker than the US dollar, so if you donate 5.00 CAD = 4.92990 USD.

Source: http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=5&From=CAD&To=USD

Ah, OK. I'll figure it out then.

And it's odd. When you go into stores in Canada, at least where I live, US money isn't worth more. It actually ticks a lot of Americans off because their 60$ is only worth 56$ or so here. I've had clients get all mustered up over it lol but they're moreso angry that we convert altogether.

-ramble-ramble-

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Ah, OK. I'll figure it out then.

And it's odd. When you go into stores in Canada, at least where I live, US money isn't worth more. It actually ticks a lot of Americans off because their 60$ is only worth 56$ or so here. I've had clients get all mustered up over it lol but they're moreso angry that we convert altogether.

-ramble-ramble-

That's probably to pay for the conversion, I'd think.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Remember Paypal and/or your bank will charge a fee for transactions in another currency. It may be cheaper depending where you look for the exchange rate, but many places charge fees to change your money to that currency. It might be cheaper in the end to just pay in CDN funds if the option is there. :P

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Remember Paypal and/or your bank will charge a fee for transactions in another currency. It may be cheaper depending where you look for the exchange rate, but many places charge fees to change your money to that currency. It might be cheaper in the end to just pay in CDN funds if the option is there. :P

I did it earlier. It was 2.09$USD through Paypal. They only charged 9c for conversion :P

Wee~

Back