• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first pokemon rate/hate wifi team

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    So I just created this team, and I'm wondering if there would be anything you would change.

Tyranitar sand stream, choice band or life orb
    252 attack EV, 100 HP, 152 Sp Defence

Crunch
    Dragon dance
    Superpower
    Earthquake

He's here as my powerful lead sweeper, to set up sandstorm, destroy the next Pokemon they send out then switch (because choice band lock), or as a dragon dance sweeper.

Excadrill @ Choice scarf, Sand Rush
    252 attack, 252 speed EV's

Rapid spin
    Rock slide
    Earthquake
    HP electric (for water types)

My spinner, beats pretty much every pokemon speed wise, But with some attack power as well.

Skarmory @ keen eye, leftovers
    252 attack, 152 defense, 100 speed

Spikes
    Brave bird
    Roost
    Whirlwind

A semi-powerhouse with brave bird, heals some recoil with lefties, and spikes/whirlwind for setup damage.

Gastrodon @ leftovers, storm drain
    252 hp, 100 defence, 100 sp defence, 52 sp attack

Surf
    Earthquake
    Toxic

What can I say? He goes boom.

Gliscor @ toxic orb, poison heal
    252 attack, 100 speed, 152 defense

Fling
    Acrobatics
    Earthquake
    Taunt

This guy is fun, since he heals like crazy after toxic orb does it's magic, then you can chuck it at the opponent, poison them, and kill their item I.e leftovers, plus the little taunt for anyone trying to spikes you.

Heatran @ flash fire, leftovers, yeah I'm lefties heavy, it sucks

Lava plume
    Protect
    Roar
    Stealth rock

This is for my rocks. He has some nice power that comes with it, along with protect for an extra healing turn, and roar to smack the opponent in the face with rocks/spikes.

Well that's it, rate and hate, I don't have them all done yet, this is all theoretically speaking.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Firstly, Welcome to the Pokecommunity Forums. I hope you enjoy this place!

Secondly, about your team. Because you have Excadrill, he is restricted to Uber teams, which means that your whole team has to fight against many Legendary Pokemon with BSTs over 650. I'd select a different Spinner, such as Starmie, Tentacruel or Forretress. You also need to choose the Nature for every Pokemon.

Dragon Dance shouldn't be used on Tyranitar, as this sweeping strategy can be stopped easily by priority users such as Breloom. Always use Stone Edge over Earthquake if it's a rock type. Pursuit is also a useful move to catch any Ghost or Psychic type that happen to enter the field. Here's what I think for Choice Band Tyranitar:

~ Crunch
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Stone Edge
    EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe

Skarmory is a defensive Pokemon. So you shouldn't invest in Speed at all. Keen Eye is never seen competitively due to accuracy-reducing moves being non-existant. Sturdy is a much better ability. My recommended EV spread is 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SpD (Special Defense) with an Impish nature.

I wouldn't mix Surf with Earthquake on Gastrodon. I would either utilize a defensive set, or a Special Attacker set. It's a bulky water-type that learns Scald, so the defensive set is better.
    Here's my recommended set.

~ Scald
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Recover
    ~ Earth Power
    Nature: Calm
    Item: Leftovers
    EV spread: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD

Fling shouldn't be used on Gliscor, even with Acrobatics. Poisoning Pokemon may be tempting, but Fling would only Poison one Pokemon. After it loses its item, the move becomes useless for the rest of the match. Flying Gem is the preferred item as it increases the power of Acrobatics.

~ Acrobatics
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Agility
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    Item: Flying Gem
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Heatran's moveset is OK as it is, but here's my recommendation for the EV spread and Nature:
    248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD with a Calm Nature.

On a positive note, your team has great defensive synergy. If you take my advice, you should be able to score a couple of wins. Good luck in the competitive battling world!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • To add to Boilurn's post, Excadrill is free to use in Wi-Fi battles. Excadrill also must go fully physically offensive because of how horrible its Special Attack is. Do note that STAB Earthquake outdamages an unSTABed supereffective Hidden Power (Electric). The difference is especially noticable given the significant difference between Excadrill's base Attack (135) and Special Attack (50):
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide/Rapid Spin
    -Iron Head/Rapid Spin
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Air Balloon/Life Orb
    Ability: Sand Rush

If your opponents discourage the use of Excadrill, Stoutland is a fine alternative:
    -Return
    -Superpower
    -Crunch/Pursuit
    -Wild Charge
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Sand Rush

Back