• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Well hello thar!

Mage

Wizard Eyes
Years
    • VA
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    I'm Mage :) and I'm new. I've been poking around this site for a while and it seems like a pretty good community so I thought why not? I need more distractions from work and schoolwork xD

I've been a fan of Pokemon since it was brought over to the states and am not ashamed to still be a fan. I love the concepts and the mechanics of it. The anime... not so much anymore, I used to like it but now it's just basically the same thing over and over again... But I still love the games, the cards and the paraphernalia associated with it. When I'm not playing the games I'm playing other RPG's, writing in my novels or watching random British TV.

Years
  • Hahah, you think a lot like me. 8D; The more distractions from school the merrier. That and PC is just way too addicting so it's hard to say no. Welcome! Love your username.. though I'm slightly surprised it hasn't been taken yet.

I've been a Pokemon fan since its early days in the US, starting with Red and Blue in 1998 or 1999. The anime was what got me into it and it really is addicting, though I agree about it getting repetitive. Have you heard of or watched Pokemon Origins yet?! That was such an amazing throwback to the older Pokemon generation and I really, really recommend watching. Pokemon is that kind of thing that continues to get better and better with each passing generation so seeing more people get into it is such a pleasure.

Seems like you have a wide array of interests so that definitely means you'll settle right in. Maybe you can share your writing with us or discuss RPGs or even TV/movies. :o Up to you! Have a blast and see you around!

Frozthax

Youtube partner
    Years
  • Hello Magey!!

Welcome to the forums, I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
    and if you've been poking around already, should have signed up directly!! *hits on back of your head* xDD

I gotta admit the series are quite repeating itself, probably the effects and stuff only get abit better, futher it's kinda the same though.
    I wonder if jessy and james still are around by now...

Anyway! have fun doing RPG's and stuff but be sure to come around here and give us a yell that you're here!

Might aswell challenge you if you plan on getting pokemon X/Y

Mage

Wizard Eyes
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    Oh I am getting X and Y xD I'm going to download X at midnight and pick up Y on Saturday since the Gamestop I pre-ordered from doesn't open for midnight releases. :(

I have watched Origin and I have to say I was really pleased with it :) I wish that they would make it into a full series, the animation, the style was really nice and refreshing to see in comparison to the other series. However, the pacing was too fast :( but I understand since they were making it into a 4 part series.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
  • Welcome to PC! You're going to fit in great here. We've got a lot of RPG fans aboard, which includes myself. I really like your avatar too. I have a Vivi figure sitting on my bookshelf along with Zidane, Garnet, and Steiner. Final Fantasy IX is an amazing game, though I'm fond of the series in general. what are you favorite RPGs?

I've also been in love with Pokemon since the days of Red/Blue. I actually recently got back into the anime, but I'm not sure if I'm going to stay hooked as Ash moves into Kalos. I was happy when Charizard returned for the end of the Black and White block, but Ash isn't taking him to Kalos it seems, so I dunno how things are going to turn out. Aside from that I'm an avid TCG player, I have a ton (too much) of Pokemon merchandise, and I play the games of course! I'm really excited for X and Y!

Anywho, I think you're going to have a great time with all of us. Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions or need help with something, or just want someone to chat with :7: Also, please help yourself to coffee and light refreshments in the hospitality room.

Mage

Wizard Eyes
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    There are so many xD Suikoden is a huge favorite as well as Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei, Final Fantasy I-IX, Tactics, Earthbound, etc. There are just too many to name D:

I have a Vivi plush xD and used to have figures :( until someone stole them from me. I have been working on making a Black Mage cosplay (it's a little elaborate but... it'll be awesome once it's finished xD) and various other ones too :)

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
  • There are so many xD Suikoden is a huge favorite as well as Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei, Final Fantasy I-IX, Tactics, Earthbound, etc. There are just too many to name D:

I have a Vivi plush xD and used to have figures :( until someone stole them from me. I have been working on making a Black Mage cosplay (it's a little elaborate but... it'll be awesome once it's finished xD) and various other ones too :)

Man I love all of those. I just recently finished a playththrough of Earthbound. I forgot how totally insane the game is. xD And you cosplay! That's really cool. I'm a cosplayer myself, and I have a Zidane cosplay, but that's the only FF one. My favorite one is my Mulan cosplay that I've worn to countless conventions. I have a friend who has a Black Mage cosplay. He and a few of his buds did all the FFI classes together.

Mage

Wizard Eyes
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    That's so awesome! I'd love to get together with other FF class cosplayers for a group cosplay. I know a few people that did a Hetalia group and a Naruto group cosplay before and it looked like a lot of fun. I bet your Mulan one is awesome :)

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
  • That's so awesome! I'd love to get together with other FF class cosplayers for a group cosplay. I know a few people that did a Hetalia group and a Naruto group cosplay before and it looked like a lot of fun. I bet your Mulan one is awesome :)

That sounds really cool. I love my Mulan cosplay, complete with a Mushu plushie to sit on my shoulder. xD My cosplay is of Mulan in her warrior outfit (aka "Ping"). I sometimes let the hair down to show her in armor without having to facade as a man (like in Mulan 2- I love Disney by the way xD). I'm really proud of it because I made the whole outfit myself except for a couple of the props like Mushu and her sword.

Mage

Wizard Eyes
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    It's coming along pretty well. I'm using a denim material for the cloak/jacket and the pants. I need to get an embroidery machine (I just have a simple sewing one) so I can make it more fanciful around the edges xD it'll take a lot of work but I love being proud of the hard work that is put into projects. I've never worked with leather before, was it hard to shape it?

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
  • It's coming along pretty well. I'm using a denim material for the cloak/jacket and the pants. I need to get an embroidery machine (I just have a simple sewing one) so I can make it more fanciful around the edges xD it'll take a lot of work but I love being proud of the hard work that is put into projects. I've never worked with leather before, was it hard to shape it?

That sounds really awesome. Are you modeling a specific Black Mage (i.e. Vivi), or are you just going with a general concept like an FFT one? I can't wait to see that. Embroidery isn't terribly hard, but it helps to have a device for it lol. I actually taught myself to sew just so I could make cosplays.

Leather isn't terribly hard to work with if you know what you're doing. I watched a ton of videos and read guides before I even started. Also all I did was make padding from thick, hard leather (which we prehardened), which is much easier than doing an entire outfit from soft leather.

Mage

Wizard Eyes
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    I'm doing a mix between Vivi's (like the jacket only making it more like a trench coat) and the tactics mages. I want to embroider the edges of the coat with a sort of silvery blue thread that I found in designs sort of akin to that of the tactics mages of the original FF Tactics. I'm not sure how well everything will turn out xD I've got a few sketch ideas laying around at home on how I am expecting it to be (actually getting it to look right is another story...)

Years
  • Welcome to the forums. Huge Final Fantasy fan here. Well, mostly for IX. I haven't played all titles but there are some I'm trying to avoid (namely VII and XIII). Have you played IX casually or tried to complete it 100%? If you answered either with the former choice or neither one then you know for a fact that it's nearly impossible to complete that game 100% o.o Excalibur II takes a lot of skill, and the Nero Brothers quest was just recently discovered. I doubt you could score both in one file. xD

Mage

Wizard Eyes
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    When I play a game I try to go for 100% of everything (I'm OCD like that xD) and why I won't really pick up games like Disgaea where it's nearly impossible to even complete the game |: So I wouldn't say that the Nero Brothers side quest (I just kept talking to them each time I visited the town and it IS in the strategy guide *owns one*) is impossible to do in conjunction with Excalibur II. Some things in games are based on luck while others are based on skill. Which if someone is able to do Clive's Quest in Suikoden II without easter egging the game, then there is enough skill to do the side quests in other games.

Back