• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prototype build

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    I have been messing around on Showdown with a few teams and have had decent success wit this one. Im gonna detail my choices on each mon but I am interested in hearing opinions and possible improvements. Im planning a team to put the effort into raising in game so that I can go through the tedium of chain breeding for 5/6 perfect IVs as few times as I can.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Gooey
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Sludge Wave
    - Focus Blast

I decided to start with a good Tank, and assault vest Goodra came to mind. With its naturally super high special def boosted into the atmosphere by the assault vest i didnt think that it needed any EV investment there and opted to round out its defenses as much as I could to let it take a physical hit. Chose gooey over its other abilities because I'm not running rain and grass attacks dont scare this guy on either side, and on a good switch in it can either cripple an opponents speed or force a switch. Move choices seem kinda standard high damage coverage. I opted for Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor for sustainability over raw killing power.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
    Ability: Gale Wings
    EVs: 252 Atk / 124 HP / 132 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Flare Blitz
    - Bulk Up
    - Roost

The big clean up hitter/revenge killer. Gale Wings because Flame Body isnt worth anything and the priority STAB Brave Bird and Roost give it an edge over speed boosters and other priority. EV spread might change to 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd since that might give it better survivability over investing in his already spectacular speed. The moves seem like a pretty standard set Priority Stab and non Priority Stab both give huge damage, roost and Bulk up if he is given a chance to set up at all or needs to recover from Stealth Rock damage

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
    Ability: Trace
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Moonblast
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunderbolt
    - Psyshock

Special Sweeper with the ability to eat a few special attacks during setup or switch in. Trace for some good switch ins against Heatran or others with damage immunity abilities. EV spread for damage and survivability. CM + 3 seemed like a good choice on this one given its ability to force switches on common choices and the moves were chosen for STAB and Coverage.

Gengar @ Gengarite
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Taunt
    - Pain Split

Not entirely sold on this guy, but I'm not sure what I would put in his place. He is a trapper and spin blocker capable of sweeping, but since the only hazard I am running is Stealth Rock it doesnt seem like it is entirely neccessary. Timid and its EV Spread make it a good revenge killer and gives it good potential for causing some havok while it is out.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Leech Seed
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Thunder Wave

My preferred lead, does its usual setup stuff and I went with Gyroball and minimum speed possible for Fairies and the overall damage output it is capable of. Also good to throw out to eat a contact attack for damage and lols.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Belly Drum
    - Aqua Jet
    - Superpower
    - Play Rough

Physical Sweeper capable of priority OHKO on just about anything, easy enough formula. goes in Belly Drums, eats its berry back to 75% health and Aqua Jets all day. Kept the Gen V staple Superpower for emergencies and went with its new STAB option of Play Rough for some extra type coverage.

Again any and all advice and questions are appreciated.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Consider using a Modest nature with Goodra with 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk. While you do lose physical bulk, it gives Goodra more offensive power.

I think using a Timid nature is better for Gardevoir. 80 Speed isn't the best but it lets it outspeed as much as it can.

252 HP/76 Def/180 SDef rounds out Ferrothorn's bulk better.

While Sitrus Berry does restore Azumarill's HP after a Belly Drum, I think that using Lum Berry (to cure status) or Mystic Water (to increase Aqua Jet's power) would be helpful.

Other than those set and EV nitpicks, this isn't bad for a prototype team.

Back