• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

banned Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
  • Sigh...I hope you know what I mean and what was going on.

1. Do you agree that that particullar Pokemon should be banned in cartoon?

2. And in other products?

3. Do you wish it to be unbanned and appear on TV again?

4. Do you agree that all Pokemon should get equal chances to appear in anime?

5. Are you brave enough complain the TV company?

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Have you seen "The Ice Cave"?
    Did Jynx appear in "All things bright and beautifly" when you watch it?

NOOO!! Isn't it? It was banned!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    What!??
    OMG,I wonder who is the dubbers' next victim.....
    Now,answers of your questions....

1)No,there is no reason for that.
    2)See above
    3)Yes!
    4)Yes,they shouldn't focus on only one and forget about the others.
    5)No......

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I heard that there was a good reason that jynx was banned from the anime series (at least it is a good reason that really makes no sense to me or anyone else XD)

the story goes like this: There was this African American family with a little kid that likes pok?mon. One day, the mother went to see what the son was doing on his pok?mon game. The mother saw him looking at the pok?dex screen for a pok?mon called Jynx. She immediately took offense to the physical ghetto black hooker stereotypes present in the pokemon (i.e. the black skin, big lips, busty figure, long blonde hair). The mother filed a lawsuit against NoA, but lost. As a result though, Nintendo and all other companies associated with pok?mon are careful as to what exposure Jynx gets so as not to upset the African American community. This includes not showing Jynx in the anime, not putting Jynx in Ru/Sa games, ect.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • well...Jynx was in one episode ^_^; it was an episode sometime after the Porygon inccedint in Japan, after the kids had seizures Pokemon was banned from TV for a while and they skipped the episode where Ash is stuck in the snow and the episode with Santa, it had Jynx in it, so im guessing the lawsuit came after that episode

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
  • lol well they still show the ep 'Holiday Hi-jynx' here in the uk :p It was on at xmas (the santa one). lol they show it every year along with 'there's snow way out' :p Any one notice that Holiday hi-jynx is the only ep ( for me There may be others) where Jesse says the title?

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Sapphire Latios said:
    well...Jynx was in one episode ^_^; it was an episode sometime after the Porygon inccedint in Japan, after the kids had seizures Pokemon was banned from TV for a while and they skipped the episode where Ash is stuck in the snow and the episode with Santa, it had Jynx in it, so im guessing the lawsuit came after that episode
    That was ages ago... (although recently for Hong Kong XD)
    And it was because of this...that Carole Boston Weatherford...wrote an NEWS PAPER ARTICLE, "Politically Incorrect Pokemon" (find it on the internet)

And it was banned.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • igtica said:
    lol well they still show the ep 'Holiday Hi-jynx' here in the uk :p It was on at xmas (the santa one). lol they show it every year along with 'there's snow way out' :p Any one notice that Holiday hi-jynx is the only ep ( for me There may be others) where Jesse says the title?
    Really? Do they? Including this year?

OH, MISS McLEOD! CAN WE HAVE SKY TV IN OUR BOARDING HOUSE?
    PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Years
  • Well, I heard that pokemon episode 'the ice cave' was banned because Brock got a cold, and there was news on sars at that time, and nintendo couldn't risk another law suit...some people would see the cold as a reference to sars, and would be afraid it'd scare little children from playing in the snow...
    ...Besides, I heard they made Jynx purple....there's a whole article about it on Dogasu's site.

NaVeR

That Guy from that Place
    Years
  • what does changing color have to do with banning?...
    4kids weird...or whoever changed the color...

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Sudowoodo_prince said:
    Well, I heard that pokemon episode 'the ice cave' was banned because Brock got a cold, and there was news on sars at that time, and nintendo couldn't risk another law suit...some people would see the cold as a reference to sars, and would be afraid it'd scare little children from playing in the snow...
    ...Besides, I heard they made Jynx purple....there's a whole article about it on Dogasu's site.
    I thought the reason was "Brock and Jynx nearly kissed."

Changed it to purple!?!? o_O|||
    I thought it was ORIGINALLY purple!!

Aw...I WAS accusing USA changed Jynx's face from black to purple themselves! Was I really the opposite way round?
    But...but...but in fact, in fact, ALL the PM books in Hong Kong have Jynx with purple face! AND they were published in year 1999!

Tweak

:P i think that's stupid, people are just trying to make money offa large companies. i thought jynx was okay, i never thought of it in refrence to something bad. o_O; i just thought it was some messed up pokemon idea.

=-= purple is usually a faded color of black in graphics. they have that scene where jynx was hugging brock and almost kissing him in one of the pokemon music videos.

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
  • Ok so just to recap, the only Pokemon that actually got banned from american tv is Jynx and Porygon?

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • I have found more infromation:
    1. The book with Jynx with purple faces, were all published BEFORE 1999.
    2. The article that Carole Boston Weatherford(CBW), "Politically Incorrect Pokemon",was written on 5th January, 2000

Conclusion: 1.JYNX'S FACE HAS ALWAYS BEEN PURPLE.
    2. CBW is VERY wrong!!!

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Kairyu said:
    Ok so just to recap, the only Pokemon that actually got banned from american tv is Jynx and Porygon?
    I don't think that Porygon is actually banned.
    It's only Porygon'S EPISODE that is banned.

Besides, New York Pokemon Center still sells Porygon stuff.

Year2001, set of 151Pokemon, New York Pokemon Center changed POkemon #124, Jynx into SURFING PIKACHU.
    Thus, in that set of Pokemon toys, Pokemon number 124 is Surfing Pikachu.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back