• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi Everyone! I have arrived. [trumpets intensify]

Years
  • Greetings fellow pokemon enthusiasts,

It is I, Unbayleefable! I am not really partial to Bayleef, but I am partial to puns.

A bit about myself - I'm a 25 year old male who owns at least one Pokemon game from every generation of the main-series handheld titles. I haven't played the 6th generation games as extensively as the others, but my favorite generation is probably the 3rd.

I am a programmer by trade and an avid player of video games of many kinds. My main reason for joining this community is to (eventually) share a small Java project I've been working on for a few months. I haven't really been involved in the ROM hacking scene in a meaningful way, but I always wanted to make a Pokemon game that featured procedurally generated maps, and decided the best way to go about it was to write my own engine. It's really just a fun project I dabble in during free time, and I'll make a post dedicated to it at some point. But in summary, it is currently playable, though it lacks a LOT of features and content. (and organization <_<)

Anyways, feel free to say hello!

Oh, and favorite pokemon = Jolteon.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • tumblr_ly27bbyVHP1r6zob3o1_500.gif

Get Bayleef'd!

Welcome to PokéCommunity!

My favorite generation is also Gen III! High five! After that point I started to dislike a fair amount of the Pokémon designs, as well as not really liking how some features (like 3D) were implemented. Gen III was really the high point, in my opinion. Despite that, I still quite like the new games as well, especially Gen VI, though I view all of them as just slightly inferior. I also used to be a ROM Hacker and of course Gen III is all the rage for hacking.

Your game sounds cool as well! I was actually thinking about a procedurally generated Pokémon game as well, and if I do end up making it I'm probably going to mod the indie game Nuclear Throne, as it's a game I've played quite a lot of and has a big modding community. I don't think I have the programming skills to create my own engine, haha, but if you do I look forward to seeing it! We do have a category for fangames that aren't ROM Hacks, it's called the Game Dev section.

Good luck on that, and have fun! If you have any questions about this community you can always send me a message and I'll do my best to answer. See you around :)

Years
  • Gen III fan here too. Always and forever. [; I'm sure we'd make good friends if you're also a fan, I must've poured at least 300 hours into Sapphire with probably almost as much in Leaf Green.. those games were addicting. Especially FRLG because of the awesomeness that was the VS Seeker. Made training so much fun.

Welcome to PC, Unbayleefable! Always great seeing people with a clear idea of what they want to do and share here, especially if it's on the creative side as the community here is probably one of the most artistic I've seen. I draw and write but game-making will always be that thing I've no talent in so all I can do is admire from the sidelines! lol. See you around and please do ask if you need help. =)

Spencerr_

Spencer
    Years
  • Hi! It seems the general consensus here is that gen three is the best, emerald was the game that actually got me into pokemon, it was my first game! :'D
    Thats really cool that youre working on youre own rom, id love to see it finished! Honestly programming confuses the hell out of me, so its pretty impressive that you can do that!
    anyways, I just wanted to say hi and hopefully make a friend!

Back