• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old-skool trainer is back.

Qinshi

Gym Leader
Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2016
    I've played pokémon red version in 1996.
    My first pokémon was squirtle. On second playthrough it was Charmander.

Recently bought a new nintendo 3DS just for nostalgia an bought pokémon red version on nintendo eshop.
    Would like to have some 'friends' for pokémon trading.
    Also bought Pokémon Omega Red and Pokémon Y.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hiya Qinshi! Nice to meet you!

I'd say the majority of people here have been playing Pokémon since its inception, so you're certainly not alone in that. Myself, I only started with Gen III, but I'm in a minority in that. How are you enjoying the newer games so far? I played them a few months ago after 3 years of not being into Pokémon, and I found them to be a lot of fun, despite the fact that I still consider some of the older games, like Gen III, to be a little better.

Why don't you come share your thoughts on Y and Omega Ruby? We've got discussion sections for both of them, check out the XY section and the ORAS section! Also, are you excited for Sun and Moon? We've got a section for that too! It's pretty much pure speculation at this point, but it's still a lot of fun.

Welcome to PokéCommunity! There's a lot to do here, so I hope you enjoy! I'll see you around :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've played pokémon red version in 1994.
    My first pokémon was squirtle. On second playthrough it was Charmander.

Recently bought a new nintendo 3DS just for nostalgia an bought pokémon red version on nintendo eshop.
    Would like to have some 'friends' for pokémon trading.
    Also bought Pokémon Omega Red and Pokémon Y.
    Yo Qinshi! Dang, you played pokémon Red before I could even read English. Well. Before I could even read at all actually. Color me impressed by your oldschoolness.

So do you still find the 1st gen pokémon fun? Or do you prefer Omega Ruby and Y (;

Welcome to the forums also!

Qinshi

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2016
    To be honest, i kinda learnt english through gaming.
    (I was 7 years when i launched pokémon for the first time in my life).
    I do prefer generation 1.

Why? Nostalgia.
    Things were special back in the day. I also saw the anime back then, so that was nice/background story for my playthrough.
    I still have my original nintendo pokémon red cartridge somewhere in the house (its still works).
    Game was much more harder than now, much more lvl grinding. The evolution was big news, somthing to look forward to.

But the latest generation are more fun to play, more diversity, more pokémon, more abilities, berries, battle people through the internet, ...

The one thing i dislike, it the more pokémon they create, the lesser their imagination is. Look at that trashbag pokémon :x

Back