• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Weekly] Believe it or Not --> Animals strange behavior saving lives

Years
  • Believe it or not - Animals strange Behavior

Welcome to believe it or not 2nd edition! Do you guys have any pet? Because if you don't have one, go get one xD who knows if your pet will save your life in future like the ones we are going to focus on c: . Again Before I start about this week's featured guy, I want to tell one or two things. "Believe it or not" will be featuring the things that are not scientifically proven or scientists have no explanation about.

Let's start with some minor cases in which animal saving people like.....

6a00d8341c630a53ef01156ff074b0970c-500wi

On August 1996 in the Brookfield Zoo, a 3 year old boy fell into a Gorilla enclosure and lost consciousness. Binti Jua a female Lowland Gorilla, guarded the young boy from the other Gorillas in the enclosure, she then cradled him in her arm (while her own 17 month old baby was on her back) and carried him 60 feet to an entrance where zoo-keepers could retrieve him.

Cute-dolphins-dolphins-6939943-600-379.jpg

A surfer named Todd was surfing with his friend when a shark suddenly appeared and started bitting him. Shark tried to attack him 2 more times and successfully injured his back. When Todd lost any hope of surviving suddenly a pod of dolphins came and made a protective circle around him. They kept the shark at bay until Todd returned to shore.

There are several minor cases like that but let's focus on a major one (and the main focus of this edition)...like earthquake.
    In 373 B.C., historians recorded that animals, including rats, snakes and weasels, deserted the Greek city of Helice in droves just days before a quake devastated the place. After that day till now there are many times it happend. One of the big example is that...
    Sad-Dog-and-Cat.jpg

Research being carried out in China has indicated that recognition of unusual animal behavior in a systematic way can lead and be used, with other methods, as a means of predicting large and potentially destructive earthquakes. The following are examples of observed unusual animal behavior before major earthquakes occurred.

After a earthquake in year 1920 and seeing the unusual behavior of animal that time scientists of China began studying animal behavior and predicted earthquake taking place in hiecheng in early December 1974 while earthquake took place in February 1975. The Local people saw hibernating snakes coming out from their holes and into the snow. In the first three days in February the activity intensified even more and unusual behavior of the larger animals such as cows, horses, dogs and pigs was reported. On February 4, 1975, an earthquake of magnitude 7.3 struck the Haicheng County, Liaoning Province.

Ethology as study of animal behaviour or like how spiders can learn to make web without learning it from their parents xD.
    One common question for ethologist is whether animals have a special sensing ability or not?
    So I think that's all. What're your thoughts on this guys? Do you believe that animal really can predict things like Earthquake? Share with everyone c:

( If you got any ideas for the next edition send them my way )

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I've read about this kind of animal behavior from a book a long time ago (I think it was during high school). Also, that story about the gorilla saving a 3-year-old should've been how the Harambe incident been handled.

Years
  • I've read about this kind of animal behavior from a book a long time ago (I think it was during high school). Also, that story about the gorilla saving a 3-year-old should've been how the Harambe incident been handled.

After you mentioned harmbe incident I googled it and found it's very similar to the one I posted xD. Same kind of incident but at different times. here..

O: what are your opinion about animal behavior predicting large scale disasters like earthquake etc? Do you believe they have special sensing abilities?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • O: what are your opinion about animal behavior predicting large scale disasters like earthquake etc? Do you believe they have special sensing abilities?

Oh I truly believe animals have these special sensing abilities 100%. They're able to sense danger ahead of time. Even in horror movies, they sense a paranormal presence.

Back