• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 3] Sheep ? Unevolved Challenge [Ruby] ? ON HOLD

Years
★ ★ NFE Challenge ★ ★
This is the hub for my Not Fully Evolved challenge... where I'll be playing through Pokémon Ruby using a team of completely unevolved Pokémon. That means no middle stages, either! Only first forms.

Let's see how difficult this will get. :D

--

the beginning of an adventure
Player: Janna // Badges: 0
Current Location: Littleroot Town

258.png

FinSlap
Tackle, Growl

So begins my journey. I have very high hopes for Mudkip.​

Years
★ ★ NFE Challenge ★ ★
Update #1

just getting started!
Player: Janna // Badges: 0
Current Location: Rustboro City

258.png

FinSlap Lv. 12
Tackle, Growl, Mud-Slap, Water Gun

276.png

Taillow (forgot to nickname......) Lv. 11
Peck, Growl, Focus Energy, Quick Attack

285.png

TeenyMush Lv. 12
Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed

263.png

IWorkHard Lv. 3
Tackle, Growl

Picked up my other two team members, Shroomish and Taillow. Taillow is extremely frail so I'm not expecting it to be able to take more than one hit later in the game, but at least it's fast. Shroomish has a bit of bulk and can inflict a lot of status conditions so I'm hoping she'll be useful.

On to fight Roxanne!​

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
omg janna this makes me wanna do the christian challenge again ahhh. It's a pretty similar premise. Smol team is so cute btw. Good luck with Roxanne! Though that will probably be your easiest gym battle haha.

Years
yeah it was super easy ahah

★ ★ NFE Challenge ★ ★
Update #2

going onwards
Player: Janna // Badges: 2
Current Location: Slateport City

258.png

FinSlap Lv. 16

276.png

WingyThing Lv. 18
Wing Attack, Growl, Focus Energy, Quick Attack

285.png

TeenyMush Lv. 15
Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed

263.png

IWorkHard Lv. 3
Tackle, Growl, Cut

Stars of Roxanne's gym
285.gif
258.gif

Started off with Shroomish and took out Geodude quickly with Absorb. Decided to swap to Mudkip for the fight against Nosepass since he was getting underleveled. Almost lost him thanks to Nosepass' Rock Tomb and Roxanne's Potion x2 spam, but made it in the end with 2HP left. Yay!

Stars of Brawly's gym
276.gif

Wing Attack all the way through. No struggles at all, though Brawly did manage to get a Super Potion heal in but it didn't do anything since Wing Attack was so quick to take him out. [:

Also just figured out my next team member. Wait for it. ♡

e: he's here!!!

309.png

Chomps Lv. 12
Tackle, Thunder Wave, Leer, Howl​

Last edited:
Years
★ ★ NFE Challenge ★ ★
Update #3

third time's the charm
Player: Janna // Badges: 3
Current Location: Mauville City

258.png

FinSlap Lv. 25

276.png

WingyThing Lv. 25
Wing Attack, Double Team, Focus Energy, Quick Attack

285.png

TeenyMush Lv. 25
Mega Drain, Headbutt, Stun Spore, Leech Seed

309.png

Chomps Lv. 21
Spark, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Howl

263.png

IWorkHard Lv. 3
Tackle, Growl, Cut, Rock Smash

Stars of Wattson's gym
285.gif
258.gif

This was a pretty hard battle. I tried to start with Mudkip and have him Mud Slap Magnemite hoping the accuracy drop would make him miss, but it didn't work the first two battles. Went on anyway and of course Magneton destroyed my team in the end lol. Shock Wave's 100% accuracy makes Mud Slap pointless and he outsped me anyway. OHKO'd both Mudkip and Taillow as expected. ;_;

For the third attempt I trained my party to lv. 25, except Electrike. Left him at lv. 21. Went in with Mudkip to do the Mud Slapping vs. Magnemite as usual. This time the accuracy drop made him miss his attack and a second Mud Slap finished him off since I leveled up a bit. Swapped to Shroomish against Voltorb to Leech Seed him and then swapped to Taillow as fodder. Of course he selfdestructed and killed himself & Taillow but no complaints there. x'D

Shroomish really pulled through against Magneton though. Leech Seed + Stun Spore + Headbutt spam swept through the rest of the fight, even though Wattson kept insisting on delaying the inevitable by using Super Potion x2. <_<

Last edited:
Years
★ ★ NFE Challenge ★ ★
Update #4

go away, maxie!
Player: Janna // Badges: 3
Current Location: Mt. Chimney

285.png

TeenyMush Lv. 28
Mega Drain, Headbutt, Poisonpowder, Leech Seed

276.png

WingyThing Lv. 28
Wing Attack, Double Team, Endeavor, Quick Attack

309.png

Chomps Lv. 26

258.png

FinSlap Lv. 28
Water Gun, Mud Sport, Mud-Slap, Tackle

263.png

IWorkHard Lv. 3

Stars vs. Maxie's first battle
309.gif
285.gif
276.gif
258.gif

Battle was hardly tough at all. Maxie started off with Mightyena so I quickly used Leech Seed and Poisonpowder, it fell quickly from there. Mega Drain + Leech Seed kept my HP up and I never got flinched even though he was using Bite the whole time. Yay!

Next was Camerupt.. I thought I'd be able to take it out with Mudkip alone but he wasn't at full health so I could only get one Water Gun in before Maxie OHKOd me with Magnitude lol. Oh well. Taillow did a good job avenging Mudkip by spamming Wing Attack. Surprisingly, even though Maxie even used a Super Potion, my little frail bird managed to survive that battle.

Golbat was his final 'mon and I don't need to explain how that went, since I have an Electrike with Spark and all.

Was going to pick up Numel here for my fire type but idk... it's just so slow. ;_;

And now.. onwards to Flannery!​

Last edited:
Years
★ ★ NFE Challenge ★ ★
Update #5

omg i did it!!!!
Player: Janna // Badges: 5
Current Location: Petalburg City

276.png

WingyThing Lv. 29
Wing Attack, Double Team, Endeavor, Quick Attack

285.png

TeenyMush Lv. 31

258.png

FinSlap Lv. 30
Surf, Mud Sport, Mud-Slap, Tackle

309.png

Chomps Lv. 28

27.png

Heke Lv. 19
Scratch, Defense Curl, Sand-Attack, Poison Sting

263.png

IWorkHard Lv. 3

Stars vs. Flannery's gym
258.gif

Wrecked the battle pretty much with Water Gun. God I was so desperate for a better water move, but only had a little to wait until Surf... thank you Mudkip. Electrike pulled through where needed also, paralysis is always a massive help.

Stars vs. Norman's gym
285.gif
258.gif

Geez this was insane. I knew I'd have huge issues with Norman's two Slaking but the fight was brutal and I had to retry several times over these last few days. I knew I had to inflict a status condition to have any real chances of winning but that made his Facade so much stronger. And he was already overpowered to begin with.

Took my chances with paralysis at first, but it didn't work well since I didn't do enough damage to wittle down his HP before he broke through paralysis/Headbutt flinching/Truant and OHKOd me. Tried again just now and managed to break past both Slaking with Leech Seed and Poisonpowder. Mud Slapped and Sand-Attacked him a few times also with whatever turns I could squeeze out on Mudkip and Sandshrew.

Surf HM as a reward. All the worth! :D

The excitement can finally begin. Norman torture is the worst torture. Slowly need to start preparing for Tate and Liza...​

Last edited:
Years
★ ★ NFE Challenge ★ ★
Update #6

winona wasn't as hard as i thought
Player: Janna // Badges: 6
Current Location: Fortree City

309.png

Chomps Lv. 36
Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Bite

258.png

FinSlap Lv. 36
Surf, Mud Sport, Mud-Slap, Whirlpool

276.png

WingyThing Lv. 35
Aerial Ace, Fly, Endeavor, Quick Attack

285.png

TeenyMush Lv. 33

37.png

Darudayu Lv. 29
Will-O-Wisp, Imprison, Confuse Ray, Flamethrower

263.png

IWorkHard Lv. 9

Stars vs. Winona's gym
309.gif
285.gif

Electrike did a lot better than I thought. I knew he'd be helpful, but we pretty much swept 3/4 of her team with just Thunderbolt. Pelipper went down in one hit as expected given the 4x electricity weakness. Swellow did also because of its low defenses. Skarmory was OHKOd because of a critical too. Thank you!

Shroomish was a star here because of poisoning Altaria before it knocked me out, which helped massively. I was still a little worried she'd heal it off though, since I couldn't remember if Winona uses Hyper Potions or Full Restores. But luckily I managed to slowly wittle its HP down with Mudkip's Surf and the poison before she had a chance to heal. I was sooo happy.

And we also have a new team member! Was so excited for Vulpix. Named her after my favorite character in Show By Rock. o/​

Last edited:
Years
★ ★ NFE Challenge ★ ★
Update #7

i am dreading what's ahead...
Player: Janna // Badges: 6
Current Location: Route 128

285.png

TeenyMush Lv. 40

309.png

Chomps Lv. 40

276.png

WingyThing Lv. 40

258.png

FinSlap Lv. 40
Surf, Strength, Mud-Slap, Whirlpool

37.png

Darudayu Lv. 30

263.png

IWorkHard Lv. 9

So the real difficulty finally began. I've been having a hard time beating even two or three trainers before needing to run back to a Pokémon Center and heal, and my team's gotten noticeably weak in this last stage of the game. Everything is wrecking me.

I just spent a good while training almost everyone to lv. 40 and it's still difficult. @_@ Still need to level Vulpix but we're in the water area and of course that's going to be hard lol. Gonna have to go back to Lilycove and spend tons more time getting her higher leveled there.... she's still only lv. 30 and it's going to take me ages. They hit hard for someone doing this challenge especially, even there.

Shroomish's bulk and Stun Spore + Poisonpowder are still helpful but she's getting too weak to do any damage. Plus the accuracy on SS a and Poisonpowder are godawful. I can't afford to waste a few turns just trying to get them to hit since I faint so fast. Wonder if there is another grass type I can replace it with.

If anyone has ideas on how to beat Tate & Liza, feel free to post/VM/PM me. I seriously worry about how I will ever beat them with this team. D:

I just noticed I wrote "Mega Dragin" on every freaking post for Shroomish's moveset. omg. WHY DID no one tell me

Sorry for the delayed update also! Been heavily into Pokémon Sun.​

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
When I did the Christian Challenge (very similar to this, as you can't evolve anything), Jigglypuff was my MVP. I would recommend getting one, giving it a Macho Brace, and going ham on some Spinda for a while. It's boring. It's monotonous. But it's something. Spend the time looking for a + Sp. Att. Jigglypuff if you can. I got lucky and had a Modest one. Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Psychic. However...if you are doing no middle stages and counting in Baby Pokemon as a part of this...then RIP, this advice is useless to you lol.

Duskull is somewhat bulky for being unevolved, so I'd pick one up. If not for a permanent party member, then at least for Tate and Liza. Another good Pokemon I used in the Christian Challenge was, surprisingly, Clamperl. Give that sucker a Deep Sea Scale and it can take some hits. Hold on to Iron Defense as a move as well, since that item only helps Sp. Def., or just send out Clamperl against Pokemon that rely on Special moves/have shitty attack stats.

Years
★ ★ NFE Challenge ★ ★
Update #8

the savior is here!
Player: Janna // Badges: 7
Current Location: Mossdeep City

355.png

Savior? Lv. 35
Pursuit, Foresight, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray

309.png

Chomps Lv. 42

276.png

WingyThing Lv. 40

37.png

Darudayu Lv. 31

285.png

TeenyMush Lv. 40

258.png

FinSlap Lv. 40
Surf, Strength, Mud-Slap, Whirlpool

Stars vs. Tate & Liza's gym
355.gif
309.gif
285.gif

I DID IT!

Took Syd's advice and got a Duskull to try out. It was super hard to use at first but he began wrecking everything once I trained him high enough to take on the gym. Shadow Ball is awesome. Electrike's Thunder Wave and Duskull's Shadow Ball made for a deadly combo against the twins. They still brought me down to my last two Pokémon by the end because they had THREE freaking Hyper Potions, but I got through the battle with Leech Seed as an HP drain finisher against their evil little Solrock, who kept refusing to die. >:(

The battle against Groudon and Wallace are now approaching... wish me luck...!

Back