• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

US/UM's features

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2017
    What do we know so far about the new Pok?mon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon game? Let's recapitulate...
    Release date
    17th November 2017

SIZE="2"]An alternate story[/SIZE]
    That's what the director Junichi Masuda said.. I don't really understand :pink_confused:

We return to Alola
    The game takes place in Alola, but it's more lively now, more people, more wild pok?mon flying, more flowers on route 1 (that's what we can see in the trailer)

New pok?mon
    The trailer announced new pok?mon.. Hope they're better than Gloom or Snubbel :pink_tongue:

That's everything I know so far.. I just wanted to say something, but I'm not sure if it will be added in the future game

Pok?mon gyms
    In the Pok?mon Sun and Moon game there's 8 construction sites... Maybe 8 future gyms?
    If you have ideas please tell me :)

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I don't know if they would bring gyms into the games. Trials seem to be Alola's thing and i don't see why they should change it. You can still go to the pokemon league in SM after doing sll the trials and grand trials.

Years
  • As long as we get some cool, different Pokemon for PokeRide I really don't mind about the majority of features in USM.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I hate trainer customization. It is a useless feature. Sadly it looks like it is staying. At least ORAS didn't have it thank goodness.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I hate trainer customization. It is a useless feature. Sadly it looks like it is staying. At least ORAS didn't have it thank goodness.

Why do you want it removed from the game when you can just as easily not use it? I love the feature, it's so much more interesting to have Wifi battles and being able to look at different looking trainers, instead of the same old default Male trainer and Female trainer. Especially in Sun and Moon, where the default trainers look kinda bland. I like the USUM variations of them even less.

Prof.Kang

Prof. Kang
    Years
  • I really like the idea of tradition gyms being implemented into Sun and Moon, I get that trials are a huge part of the story but maybe gyms are added since this is a different story or alternate story.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Why do you want it removed from the game when you can just as easily not use it? I love the feature, it's so much more interesting to have Wifi battles and being able to look at different looking trainers, instead of the same old default Male trainer and Female trainer. Especially in Sun and Moon, where the default trainers look kinda bland. I like the USUM variations of them even less.
    There is nothing good about customization. No rewards. Just pointless clothes chaging and hair editing.

Years
  • Trainer customization has always been a thing but looking at the trailer there's going to be new styles available !

Going by the female trainer's hair, we are definitely getting new hairstyles since those "pigtails" at the front of her face weren't in the original S/M. Same goes for both their outfits, in that they'll also indicate new options for clothes as well.

I hate trainer customization. It is a useless feature. Sadly it looks like it is staying. At least ORAS didn't have it thank goodness.

I don't get how one could hate it, since it allows for everyone to be unique and it means no facing endless clones of the same people in online, which OR/AS had the problem of. Just don't use the customization, because well... you're not forced into it or anything.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I don't get how one could hate it, since it allows for everyone to be unique and it means no facing endless clones of the same people in online, which OR/AS had the problem of. Just don't use the customization, because well... you're not forced into it or anything.
    Uniqueness means nothing if you get nothing from customization. Truly the worst feature introduced in the pokemon games.

pkmin3033

Uniqueness means nothing if you get nothing from customization. Truly the worst feature introduced in the pokemon games.
    YOU get nothing from customisation. It doesn't mean that other people do not. Don't forget, the player character of a Pokemon game is supposed to represent you, the player. You can get a lot more from a game if you can create a character in a manner that pleases you - this is why a lot of games these days let you create your own player character from a selection of options. Even games that do not let you create your own player character will often change the look of a character's clothing or equipment when you swap it out. Aesthetics are by no means a useless feature; they can often be a major selling point.

Given GF's NPC-focused storylines and the subsequent gradual disassociation of the player character from the plot, it actually means quite a bit that they're giving the player a way to be more involved with the game by creating their own avatar. Doesn't work for you? That's fine. But it's an individual experience.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    YOU get nothing from customisation. It doesn't mean that other people do not. Don't forget, the player character of a Pokemon game is supposed to represent you, the player. You can get a lot more from a game if you can create a character in a manner that pleases you - this is why a lot of games these days let you create your own player character from a selection of options. Even games that do not let you create your own player character will often change the look of a character's clothing or equipment when you swap it out. Aesthetics are by no means a useless feature; they can often be a major selling point.

Given GF's NPC-focused storylines and the subsequent gradual disassociation of the player character from the plot, it actually means quite a bit that they're giving the player a way to be more involved with the game by creating their own avatar. Doesn't work for you? That's fine. But it's an individual experience.

Last i check no one gets a item or anything from customization so that means no one gets anything from customization that is rewarding.

pkmin3033

Last i check no one gets a item or anything from customization so that means no one gets anything from customization that is rewarding.
    You might want to check again and try actually reading a few people's posts, instead of just dismissing what you don't agree with. People make their own meaning out of video games, and as I said, aesthetics can play a crucial part in enjoyment of a title, and the subsequent reward you get from playing it.

It is not rewarding to play a title you are not engaged with, and designing your character can make the game more engaging. Again, the player character is supposed to represent you in the game, and they will be more successful in doing that if you have more of a choice over how they look than just their gender and facial features. Not everything in a game has to contribute to the ultimate end goal for it to serve a purpose in that game.

I think it fairly obvious there are a lot of people who feel this way about character customisation, given the popularity of the feature, and collection of anything, be it Pokemon or items of clothing or whatever else, is its own reward if that's your thing; not everything needs a reward. This is why they're optional and not mandatory. The reward does not have to be tangible for it to be worthwhile, there is such a thing as personal satisfaction.

Just because it's not for you, and does not contribute to your enjoyment of the game - which is absolutely fine; you play how you want to - does not mean that it's objectively pointless and should be removed. Your opinion is not the only valid one.

Honestly, I don't think they go far enough with character customisation. It needs to be more comprehensive, more inclusive, and allow for greater customisation. I want to design my own clothing beyond just dying in a convoluted fashion. Some of the modded clothing for Sun/Moon I've seen online is incredible. I wanna do stuff like that.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I feel like we're getting gyms in this version judging from the 8 construction sites, but it may be a postgame thing. Trials aren't going anywhere either, so maybe there will be 8 trials and 8 gyms together, representing each type?

That's just what I hope though.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Gyms are not Alola's tradition so i don't see it happening. But i take gyms over pointless customization. Hope GF removes customization for good.

Back