• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's okay to like something, but STFU ABOUT UNDERTALE.

Thomas the Shinyhunter

There are no game overs. Only continues.
Years
  • I actually like the game. It's fun, has a quirky cast of characters, a rich and deep backstory, but the fanbase is just UUUUUGH

No one wants to hear your erotic fanfic about Goat Fucker and a flower. A fucking. FLOWER.
    So just… nobody wants you here. Go jerk off on Reddit or something. Okay?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The fanbase is the same as any other fan-base at this point. They were pretty vocal at first when the game released, but it mostly seems to have quieted down. Whats left of the fanbase also seems to be kids, similar to what happened with FIve Nights at Freddies.

It's also a good point you mentioned you like the game, because tons of people will call the game bad because they dislike the fans, which is a little annoying.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Is it still that widely talked about? I can understand the frustration when it first came out, but from what I've seen it's really not as prevalent as it was a while back.

But yeah, I agree with Zeo and macho, a lot of games that trend like this tend to have a large following (often with lots of young members) and for a while it just really seems like you can't look anywhere without seeing anything about it. I'm also more upset about the fact that it usually means spoiling something really great for other people. Happened with Undertale, happened with FNAF, and it's been happening with Doki Doki Literature Club lately, especially since more and more YouTubers started playing it.
    Spoiler: Doki Doki Literature Club spoilers
    I literally cannot stand going into a let's play video of DDLC and seeing it FILLED with "Just Monika" comments. Real subtle, guys.

I love these games (well, I don't love FNAF), and it's a shame that the more vocal side of the fanbases sometimes deters people from giving them a chance.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    A lot of fanbases can be annoying, but nothing that can't be ignored :p for the most part, people stick to their own sections of the internet, so sure if you're on youtube you might see a lot of it, but hey, at least you don't have a thousand people telling you to get it on discord or on these forums for example.

Back