• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

thoughts on dunsparce

I think it's cute and it's also nice in battle if it has a lot of attacks with added effects and serene grace yeah dunsparce's nice and it's soo cute :D.

I wouldn't ever use Dunsparce in battle - I use normal types very little, actually - but I don't mind it. I actually keep thinking it's a ground type, just because of the sandy colors and the drill-like tail, and the fact that it's a land snake...

As far as I've read about what Dunsparce is, it's supposedly based off or inspired by the "tsuchinoko" - a kind of snake with a chubby body - from Japanese mythology/folklore/whatever.

I can never figure out what Dunsparce is...XD It's really cute, though. :33 I never use it for battle, however. ^___^;; I dunno...it's just a pain for me to have to train. XD

~Kelsey

Cowrie said:
As far as I've read about what Dunsparce is, it's supposedly based off or inspired by the "tsuchinoko" - a kind of snake with a chubby body - from Japanese mythology/folklore/whatever.

Makes sense that its Japanese name is Nokkochi, then.

Dunsparce is my second-favorite pokemon next to Shuckle. Despite the fact that serious battlers have always snubbed it, it's one of the best pokemon for casual play. I tend to train forgotten pokemon, and Dunsparce proves that forgotten pokemon are forgotten not for being weak, but for being overshadowed by media darlings like Pikachu, Torchic, Mewtwo, etc...Dunsparce has actually proved incredibly-deadly in gameplay for me.

I like Dunsparce. I just recently started kind of glancing at it and it indeed does look cute in certin areas. And I didn't know it was a snake! But know that you guys mention it, it does look snake-like. I always see it in angles that make it look all sqwaty and stuff, certianly not snake like. The wings make it look less snake-like too, which is why other people might consider it not a snake. Although I think that is the best part of Dunsparce is the wings.

Wow, that was a novel! O_O;;

Its cool I love its attacks there strong and have good defence!

Hmm, I was shocked when I caught it and found out it was a normal type. In the G/S/C days much coudlnt have been done with it but in R/S/E we have serene grace and you can have some fun with it! I actually think he is one of the cooler looking pokemon but should have more snake like moves besides just Glare.

IceKing said:
Hmm, I was shocked when I caught it and found out it was a normal type. In the G/S/C days much coudlnt have been done with it but in R/S/E we have serene grace and you can have some fun with it! I actually think he is one of the cooler looking pokemon but should have more snake like moves besides just Glare.
He just dosent have glare he learns lots of attack and good ones and mostly he learn alot of t.ms!

When I first saw dunsparce it reminded me of one of those Tare Pandas (sp?), the type that sort of lay on top of one another, with a drill tail...

Am I the only one who doesn't like it?
It looks strange and is kinda weak...

Strange? It doesn't look strange it looks cute *hugs*

I think its strange-looking, with the freaky tail and the color..its weird..

dunsparse is very very cute. I have one on crystal, but I can't find crystal! even in pokemon channel, when you go outside, some pokemon try to play with you, dunsparse looks really cute when it plays, plus, it attempts to play with you more often than the other pokemon,and when it shouts "dunsparse!" I can't resist going "awwwwwwwww!"

Back